How much was your christening cake & pics?

jennywren

Reaction score
If you got it made by someone, how much did you pay, what size was it and show me a pic lol.

Im ringing up a woman about making mine tomorrow and I have no idea what kinda price she is going to say........wanna be prepaird so I dont yell ''what the fcuk'' at her and drop the phone.......

sorry i cant help as my mums friend made ours for nothing

IMG_0214-1.jpg

i made this myself

SP_A0421.jpg

35quid from cooplands bakery.was a lovely cake and did well over 30 people :D

helsekia said:
SP_A0421.jpg

35quid from cooplands bakery.was a lovely cake and did well over 30 people :D

Thats a similar size to what Im probably looking for then, do you know hat size it is? We got about 40 ppl. Its lovley is that.

Mary WOW you did it yourslef...........cool cake maker mrs!

ty i did 2 years at college cake decorating so i did have an idea of what i was doing wouldnt have attempted it before i went it would have been buttercream over a sponge cake lol

This was DD's it was huge and it all went it was lovely. We were very lucky a friend of ours made it and she wouldnt let us pay her so we brought her a big bunch of flowers instead,

I know its a shame Im not nearer you mary or you could make mine for me (i would of paid of course lol)

If I were you I would just buy one from marks & spencers or tescos (you know the plain white ones for weddings etc?) and decorate it yourself. Getting a cake maker to do it woud be expensive :D

ShineyHappyPeople said:
If I were you I would just buy one from marks & spencers or tescos (you know the plain white ones for weddings etc?) and decorate it yourself. Getting a cake maker to do it woud be expensive :D

I know it would be loads cheaper but a just dont have the time and I want it to look special, not shit, which it would if I did it :rotfl:

jennywren said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:

I know it would be loads cheaper but a just dont have the time and I want it to look special, not sh*t, which it would if I did it :rotfl:

haha :lol:

I've just remembered, our local bakery does large cakes for about £25.

ShineyHappyPeople said:
jennywren said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:

I know it would be loads cheaper but a just dont have the time and I want it to look special, not sh*t, which it would if I did it :rotfl:

haha :lol:

I've just remembered, our local bakery does large cakes for about £25.

oooooo thats not to bad, ill see what this woman charges when I ring her laterbut check out my local bakery as well :D

Think my kids' cakes were about £35 or so.

000_0235.jpg

000_1672.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back