how much salt?

trixipaws

Reaction score
so far i'v only bathed my baby in plain water (cant wait 2 use all the lovely bath oils and scents etc but wanna avoid irritating her new sensitive skin).
but i want to feel like shes more clean so i thought i might put some salt in her bath. how much is safe? is it cleaner than plain water?

I'd put a tiny bit of baby bath bubbles in...the sensitive one if you're worried, I always put a bit in for Brody even when he was realy new, he never got dry skin.

I always ysed a tiny bit of bubbles with Alastair from the beginning, and after i just put loads of cream on his skin :D

Put some porridge oats (about 2 tablespoons-depending on how much water you use) in a teatowel, don't actually put them loose into the bath water, and swish them inside the teatowel around in the water, makes the water all creamy and milky and its great for LO's skin, all natural moisturiser and no chemicals :D

Definitely wouldn't put any salt in Millie's bath. Think it would be a bit drying for her. Try a dash of baby bath or baby softwash. They don't really get dirty when they're so small though. I read in the paper it's not good to bath them every day , every other day or every few days is better for their skin.

I started using Johnsons baby bath when Jake was a few weeks old and it never irritated his skin.

With all the chemicals you get in all these baby (and adult) bath products I only tend to use Weleda's products especially for baba but also for me. They are completely chemical free and natural. I started using them on Otis fairly early and still use them today. Fortunately he's never had any sort of skin problems and everyone always says how nice he smells so I think this stuff really works and highly recommend it!

http://www.weleda.co.uk/categories/name/baby-care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back