How long to notice soiled diaper?

macshad07

Reaction score
How long on average does it take you to notice that your child has soiled himself?

I check every hour or so anyway so I alwasy catch them quickly, thats if i dont smell them first.

Dylan does very large farts when he poos so I immediately know :rotfl:

emily has poos like clock work lol
she will always have a poo after her 10am bottle

but sometimes she will have another a night but i wont notice that until it smells or she cries

Well... it is guaranteed that a baby will soil him/herself upon application of a new nappy or when nappy is removed and your back is turned...even more so if there is nothing underneath/on your lap and its runny. :rotfl:
Yes...experience :puke: :rotfl:

Why do you ask, macshad07??

In response to your question, as soon as. Stanley's smells like nuclear waste. :roll: :lol:

I usually can smell it when he has done a poo but if I don't he will cry anyway so I know.

macshad07 said:
How long on average does it take you to notice that your child has soiled himself?

are you takin the mick? you join to ask that? i don't think so

foxymum said:
macshad07 said:

are you takin the mick? you join to ask that? i don't think so

I questioned it too :think:

sometimes i hear it or i can smell it when i pick her up, if not i'll check every 2 or 3 hours by holding her leg and pulling it to one side to peep underneath.
if i did forget, i'm sure she'd cry to let me know!

alice grunts, and flairs her nose.

Its quite funny really :lol:

madredyel.gif
when her face goes this colour :lol:

Charlotte & Emily said:
ok what a weird question for a first post
:think:

theres something fishy going on lol

yes hun, thats why i wouldn't answer it, i reckon shes one of those mad spammers that join!

foxymum said:
Charlotte & Emily said:

yes hun, thats why i wouldn't answer it, i reckon shes one of those mad spammers that join!

Well currently I'm part of a group trying to design a new diaper to reduce waste for a science summer camp project, so one of the things we wanted to know is how long on average would it take a mother to notice that the diaper was soiled.

i notice when alana go and gets a clean nappy and says "pooey bum" :lol:

paradysso said:
i notice when alana go and gets a clean nappy and says "pooey bum" :lol:

Misread your ticker and was v impressed with a 6 wk old baby doing that :rotfl:

OP - why not say that then? You may have got other answers which may have been useful to you - other suggestions from experienced mums :D

macshad07 said:
foxymum said:
Charlotte & Emily said:

Well currently I'm part of a group trying to design a new diaper to reduce waste for a science summer camp project, so one of the things we wanted to know is how long on average would it take a mother to notice that the diaper was soiled.

I'm happier to answer now I know that. I usually notice straight away, but he's usually with me all the time because he's so small. If I've left him (for a nap etc) I check as soon as he wakes up/I see him again. As others have said you can usually smell it or hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back