How does it work?

tots hope

Reaction score
Ok the plan is for me to take a year off when the baby arrives.

I currently get 5 weeks Anual leave a year and i will be halfing my hours so the year i return i will be entitled to 93 hours of anual leave. I can carry my anual leave over from when i am off so if i have done all the maths correctly i get 15 weeks off (based on working 18.5 hours a week)

This seems like loads to me so i was wondered would they allow me to take my Anual leave off before i start maternity leave? If so this means that i will be finished work on the 21st April 2008!!!!! And this also means that i am only at work for another 26 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i finish on the 21st April 2008 and take all my Anual leave with maternity leave i wont be returning to work until the 10th August 2009!

Does anyone know if youare able to take your anual leave before the baby arrives - i work for a local government if this helps any?

I think you'll find that you'll only be allowed to take annual leave from your current leave year, whilst you are on paid mat leave you still accrue annual leave. If you have taken in account leave from your next leave yeay you probably wont be able to take this until that leave year actually starts as you arent technically due it yet(does that make sense), also bear in mind that if you take ALL your annual leave from your next leave year then you'll have nothing left for the rest of the year when you return to work.

I work for a government funded organisation and I am only entitled to half of my annual leave for the year I intend to be on maternity leave which is in line with the 6 months full pay that I earn. After that I dont accrue any leave.

I'm going on maternity leave early March and therefore they only AL i can take before ML starts is that earned through January and February which will be 5 days. The remaining 16 days I accrue whilst on ML I will be allowed to take after my maternity leave ends before I return to work. I may be allowed to carry some of that leave over in to the following year if wish to do so.

I have asked the HR departemtn tolet me know so i can work out when i will be starting my anual leave. Thanks for your input ladies x xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back