How did your LO find his/her first bowl of baby rice?

laetitia85

Reaction score
I'm still breastfeeding but Kenzo is no longer satisfied with my milk especially at night time, so i tried baby rice just to see what would happen and although last night he hated it, this morning he had a full bowl and he seemed to like it! Baby rice is from 4months+ but Kenzo is quite a big boy for his age so I'm not too worried. (he'll be 4 months old in a couple of days)

Can I give him baby rice twice a day? I'm thinking one bowl in the morning and one in the evening just before going to bed?

And will he sleep longer?

Lola never had baby rice but she wasn't weaned until almost 6 months so i don't have any advice on that :)

I just wanted to say that DD in now on 3 solid meals a day and sleeps worse than she ever has :hug: :hug:

Lola's Mummy said:
I just wanted to say that DD in now on 3 solid meals a day and sleeps worse than she ever has :hug: :hug:

That's surprising :think:
I've always thought that solids would help them sleep longer :think:

kenzo HATES any type of formula, so I'm always breastfeeding. Sometimes my breasts don't even get the time to reproduce milk and he's hungry again.

Everyone has advised me to add one or two spoons of Cerelac or baby rice to a bottle of expressed milk before bedtime, and apparantly he could sleep for up to 7 hours without waking up, but even that didn't improve his sleep.

Finn hated baby rice so I gave him Couw & Gate Fruity breakfast as I'd been sent a sample. I sometimes make him up a puree with baby rice but add apple or something like that.

laetitia85 said:
Lola's Mummy said:

That's surprising :think:
I've always thought that solids would help them sleep longer :think:

kenzo HATES any type of formula, so I'm always breastfeeding. Sometimes my breasts don't even get the time to reproduce milk and he's hungry again.

Everyone has advised me to add one or two spoons of Cerelac or baby rice to a bottle of expressed milk before bedtime, and apparantly he could sleep for up to 7 hours without waking up, but even that didn't improve his sleep.

Lola is also breastfed, I can't even get her to take a bottle never mind try formula :lol:

People tried to tell me that she would start sleeping through when she was weaned but i'm starting to think she'll never sleep right though the night.

My little person hated the plain rice, but loved everything else we gave her so baby rice went out the window but shes a fantastic eater.

[quote="

I just wanted to say that DD in now on 3 solid meals a day and sleeps worse than she ever has :hug: :hug:[/quote]

same here lol but i think with kayla its more to do with not yet being able to get her in her own room and she has only got a travel cot sleep in cus my room is too small so i think she is uncomfy. my dd1 started sleeping thru better when i introduced solids and i started her solids at 14 weeks.

both mine hated baby rice and preferred rusks to start off with but then went striaght onto fruit purees.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back