How can I get her to take more?

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
When Brooke was weighed at 12 weeks she had only put on 8oz in 4 weeks. She is currently on six, 4oz bottles per day as I can't get her to take anymore per feed. I make up 5oz bottles but 1oz is always left. Today (although she's not been herself today and is teething I think) she has only had 19oz, she'll have another 4oz before bed but it's still not enough. She should be having 30oz a day according to the formula tin but she's nowhere near that!
I don't know if I should maybe try the next size teat as she has been sucking quite hard and inverting the size2 teat. But the next size up I'm sure is 6months+

Brooke doesn't fuss for food. Like I say I make up plenty per feed but she just leaves it. Should I be worried? I have to take her back to get weighed again in a couple of weeks and if she keeps eating this small amount I'm worried she won't gain again. She isn't a small baby by any stretch, she's not skinny or bony so should I be trying to get her to take bigger feeds?

I know it's easy to say, but try not to worry about it. They all have different appetites and different weight gains. I'm sure if she was hungry she would drink it, but it sounds like she's doing fine really. If she looks healthy and happy and has sparkly eyes then I wouldn't worry.

I worried constantly with Oscar, partly becuase the HVs are so obsessed with their 'guidelines', but also coz it was so new! But he never lost weight apart from his loss straight after birth!

Sorry know that's not actual helpful advice, just trying to reassure a bit I think lol

xxxxx

If the teats are invertibg then you do need to go up.you can get variflow ones x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back