how can i chill?

trixipaws

Reaction score
i scored 10 on my postnatal depression test which my HV said is a little high. i kno i dont hav a problem with the bonding/feeling happy/looking forward to things/coping etc but i think the questions i didnt do so well on were the ones like "do u hav irrational fears" "would u blame urself if baby was ill/hurt" etc.
i told her i worry too much about leaving her in a room alone (in case she stops breathing/something electric sets on fire!) or going out with her (in case shes snatched) etc etc etc and i cant chill out any more, and she said thats normal.
will this pass, how can i chill out, i dont wanna be a bundle of nerves.

These fears are all normal hun try not to worry, they will get better, kids r just one long worry no matter how old they get its just part of being a mum and you wouldnt be normal if you didnt have any worries :)

Babe I know how you feel. I scored high on mine 17 and was transfered to a doctor for pnd.I said no to Anti Deressants(sp). I find that if i have a fear of something i try to write it down at the time then when i'm feeling better and a bit calmer i reread what i have written and it has made me see that it is something i can cope with. I also talk to my dh about it. Try relaxation and breathing exercises. My hv told me to do these thing and they work for me. Also i turn some music on and dance with Santi, he thinks its hillarious (sp) Hope this helps :hug: :D

You cant trix your a mum and a bloody good one and you never chill out of stop worrying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back