• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How are you eating?

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi gals...

Visited a nutritionist at the start of this pregnancy and basically did really well on lowering sugar and caffeine intake in the first tri.
THEN CAME CHRISTMAS :rotfl:

I've found it really hard not to be snacking on sweet stuff now - and though I was fairly good over Christmas I know that the snacking I've done since then is probably going to undo all the work I did before.

Sigh...no will power and basically if I get a craving for ice lollies at 11 pm I NEED THAT LOOP THE LOOP....

How are the rest of you guys doing on the diet front?

Sue

Im much the same - my diet is basically very good but I am eating too much chocolate, so starting tomorrow Im cutting right down :angel:

Have really craved sweet things while pregnant, and must admit may have been eating too much ice cream in tri one, however found out i have gall stones a couple of weeks ago (attacks are so painful) and so have been on low fat diet since. Have been really good and feel much better. :)
Being pregnant has made me totally change my lifestyle as used to be smoker, heavy drinker, eat too much sugar and fat, not exercise enough... all that is distant memory now and am now really healthy and dont miss my old life at all (except the ice cream sometimes lol)

Well, my diet is crap. :oops: Its not that I crave sweets or chocolate, I just eat them anyway :shakehead:

I've ended up with a really mixed diet since christmas! I'm still determined to eat healthily so eating plenty of veg and you can't move in my house for fruit! But then there's the Christmas chocolates I'm working my way through, and I can't stop buying cakes and naughty stuff when we go shopping!

I'm not craving any of it - just lost my willpower! :wall:

umm its ok, but when I dont fancy dinner (fish, potatoes and veg or something) I tend to fancy crap later on.

I have been snacking on loads of chocolate, sweets you name it, anything I shouldn't

I am taking pregnacare, which I know shouldn't compinsate but I really dont want good food most of the time, I just cant eat it :?

I do have veg about 4 times a week, im very poor with fruit though :shhh:

I just eat what i want. I make sure I have breakfast, lunch and dinner and don't think twice about snacking in between. Baby is getting a wide variety of foodstuffs with me!

My mum had 5 kids and never did us any harm!

S x

My diet is RUBBISH at the moment... I feel guilty, but I also know baby will take her nutrients from wherever she can so I'll probably just be more tired, which is ok as it's for her :D When I had my weeks of sickness and lost just under a stone all I could keep down was water and a bowl of cereal a day and half a cup a soup if I was lucky and her growth and development weren't affected by it.

I'm gonna try and be better this week and eat more veggies and meat and cook stuff from scratch...! :?

mine varies from good to crap at the moment i seem to be eating all the time imalways hungary :wall: :wall: :wall: but i do make sure i drink plently of squash, eat at least 3 portions of fruit a day and /or drink fresh orange or fruit smoothies..but i do eat alot of crap sat here now fnishing of christophers bag sized pringles rice infusions sweet BBQ and spare rib flavour mmmmmmmm :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug:

I'm mad on icelolls at the minute... Anything cold to suck on.............. Stop getting ideas, women :lol:

My diet's pretty good. I NEVER ate breakfast before, and sometimes it would be 4pm by the time I ate anything. I'd eat everything I ate in a day between 4pm and bedtime, and would always have a big tea after having starved myself half the day. I never consciously ate that late, I would just go past being hungry about 11am and not even think about it until my stomach started growling late afternoon. I was basically eating too much, at the wrong time!

Now I have breakfast before I even get up (lovely hubby brings me bran flakes in bed :lol: ) have a light lunch at lunchtime, and a normal sized tea! I'm mad for jacket potatoes with beans at the moment - which would be quite healthy were it not for the cheese and coleslaw I also add :oops: I've lost 5lb since my booking appointment though, so I must be doing something right :cheer:

My diet is rubbish - but to be honest it always has been.

I haven't changed my diet at all except for an increase in the amount I eat because I need to eat to make sure I'm not sick.

I have a slice of toast and a bowl of bran flakes for b'fast, usually with either apple or cranberry juice
Then a sandwich and bag of crisps for lunch or eggs on toast
And something pasta related for tea (usually has tinned tomatoes in it but fresh pepper & onion)
Then some flapjacks or something before I go to bed

Snacking wise - its either toast, biscuits or crisps.
I'm taking pregnacare too but know it's not supposed to be instead of eating a healthy diet.

I keep thinking that I should improve what I eat but I never seem to get round to it. Plus finances are pretty tight at the moment so can't afford to buy loads of fruit & veg that I just don't fancy anyway!

my diet hasnt changed much either.. other than i am eating lots of chocolate and i've never really been a chocolate person..

cpl of weeks ago i was really ill with dehydration and a water infection (which i am now on antibiotics for)

i was that sick i was sleeping about 17hours a day and couldnt eat anything (which isnt at all like me haha)

i now have my appetite back and so i jus think, any food is better than nothing

i have pregnacare but wary to take them while i'm on antibiotics so i'll start them again when i have finished my course!!

dont forget, there are some people who dont know theyre pregnant until baby comes out, or very very late on..

they've drank, smoke, been on rollercoasters, ate crap, all the way through because they didnt know, and the babies are fine soooo :)

Mmm I have fruit & fibre and a glass of fresh orange juice every morning for breakfast.

Lunch is usually a bowl of home made veggie soup with a roll and an apple.

Dinner is usually veg, potatoes and meat or pasta or chicken salad

I snack on loads of fruit during the day and drink gallons of water x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back