• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hospital yesterday!

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey all.

Well i was at hospital yesterday as had to have a scan to see if babys growth had slowed down any and also to see the diabetic team and my consultant and i am so pleased to say that the insulin is definitly doing its job as babys growth has started to calm right down now and he is weighing 5lb 8oz. I have to go back in just under 2 weeks time for another scan to see if everythings still going well, If baby has stayed at a steady rate then i will be induced at about 38 weeks but if he has tailed off again they said it may be sooner. So basically anywhere from 37-39 weeks But i should definitly know a date next time i am at the hospital :dance:.

Also for those of you who read that i had a couple of funny turns when i had to go to hospital on Monday, Same thing happened again when i was having me scan done yesterday, They had to stop scanning me twice and lay me on my side and then in the end they just asked if i had seen enough of my baby and left me as i could not carry on. Whats happening is baby is lying on a big nerve in my back so when i am lying flat he is pressing on it and thats whats causing these funny turns. Anyone who has had them before will know how horrible and scary they are. Not nice at all. I have never fainted in my life but hey i think i was nearly there a few times. Anyone had this?

Anywho ladies i am so excited to find out my induction date...:dance::dance::dance: Roll on Tuesday 13th December. :dance::dance::dance:

Amy xxx

That's great news hun, hope little one moves off your nerve tho! That really cant be a nice experience x x

Great news that everything is ok hun :)

I have read that baby pressing on your arteries can leave you light headed, thats why they don't recommend lying on your back when pregnant. No personal experience though

Cant wait to hear when your baby will be arriving :cheer: x

That's brilliant news! Congratulations! I had the laying on my back thing with my first and they said the same thing. At one scan I passed out, woke up and was sick in their sink...oops! It's the most horrible feeling. Had the rest of my scans slightly sitting up x

Wow, I had no idea baby could cause you to nearly faint when pushing on nerves!!

Fab news about the induction date though :)

Glad everything is ok xx

Glad to hear baby's on track... As for your nerve problem have you considered a chiropractor or osteopath?

Thanks for the replies ladies.

Yeah it is such an awful experience, I went very hot and clammy but was shivering and i felt like i couldnt move and felt really sick. I couldnt even descriebe it actually xx

You can't describe it can you! But I know what you mean...like your skins cold, but youre burning up, can't breath, tingles, and then the sickness. I spent labour on my side too, but I think that's only coz I was most comfy like that x

Yeah thats exactly what its like. It made my arms feel dead heavy too. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back