Hospital yesterday

kerry5a

Reaction score
Well I had my appointments yesterday with the diabetic team and consultant. Baby is fine, measuring fine, great heart beat, head down etc. my sugars were not so good! Now on insulin 3 times a day as well as testing my sugars 4 times a day :( I feel like a pin cushion. Nothing has been said about them starting me early so I guess they are still going to let me go full term. Got a growth scan again on the 8th and have to see them again on the 9th so maybe they'll let me know then as I'll be 32 weeks?
Sounds stupid but was very upset yesterday and don't know why coz baby is fine. :roll:
Sorry just wanted to share it with someone I guess (oh has been great but he worries so much about me I don't want to say to much about it to him) x

Hope you're ok hun. Great news that bubs is ok and they're keeping an eye on you. It sounds like they're positive about it all going to full term if they're not saying anything :hug: x

Thank you olive. I really want to avoid being induced or c section, and I think the thought that I might have to have one or the other upset me more then anything... Think I'll be starting all the old wife tales from 37 weeks!

aw you poor thing....but good news that baby is doing well!

Hey hun. Glad baby is ok.

I have GD and i am currently on insulin, I was told before i got put on meds that if i was put on insulin etc i would defo be induced. Dunno if this helps u xx

Thanks for the reply eldraw. Have they said anything since about you being induced and when? Is baby measuring ok or big etc... Sorry for all the questions x

Ikwym hun. I feel the same way about a section. Hopefully it won't come to that. It's sounding very positive for you. xxx

Hope you are okay, and its great news that LO is okay too :)
Hope you get what you want with the birth although they do try to get you earlier when you have GD, but too make it positive for you, my friend got GD, and she was told she would be induced but was due on Tuesday and still no sign of LO. xx

Thanks for the reply eldraw. Have they said anything since about you being induced and when? Is baby measuring ok or big etc... Sorry for all the questions x

Hey hun.

Thats no problem askin questions... Feel free, i will help where i can :).

Baby was measuring big and also has quiet a large tummy which they look out for in GD, 4 weeks ago he was weighing 4lb 5. I was told before i got put on meds that if i got put on insulin i would be induced at about 38 weeks but when i spoke to my own midwife last Friday she worked it out that i would be 38 weeks on 22nd Decmeber so she said that the hospital might say to induce me at 37+ weeks so i am not in hospital for christmas.

I have another scan on Tuesday to see if the insulin has calmed his growth down so i wont know anything else until then hun.

Hope this helps a little :).

Amy xxx

Thank you Amy, I replied to your other message x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back