• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Home fertility tests?

puzzle

Reaction score
The :witch: got me 2day so 4th cycle failed and me and OH are worried there's something wrong. I already have a DD from previous partner but OH doesn't have any children.
Have seen one online and wondering if anyone has purchased and done one of these.
Here's one i was looking at, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370325336818&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT but didnt want to waste the money if they aren't any good.
Feeling very down this month, i soo want a little brother or sister for my special little lady would just make our family complete.

me and my OH done this a few months ago...we got a negative result meaning OH had a low count resulting in us having to go to the doctors anyway...

If you are willing to do this, please please please, go to the doctors straight after no matter what the result. Thing is with male fertility tests are they arent as good as female ones.

OH does have a low count resulting in us having to pay for IVF cos i have a child from previous relationship, but we hope we are lucky to fall without there help.

Im sure everything will be fun, it has only been 4months, it can take up to a year even for the healthiest of couples to concieve.

If im honest, id go to the doctors if things are worrying you xx

We did a similar test to this as we were having problems (only after a year of trying though) and it came back that my OH was totally infertile. It wasn't the case, although he does have a low count, but the wait for the proper test after at the doctors was awful as we were expecting the worst.

I agree with Ema-Lou, if you do one then be prepared to go to the docs straight away. 4 months though isn't very long, it can take up to 12 months (and sometimes beyond) for no reason at all xx

we are coming up to our 4th year of TTC and I know how you feel......

I would personally wait until you have been TTC for a year, as some doctors will not help you out until then anyway. As for the fertility kit, I would just carry on TTC and don't buy one as seems a waste of money, you are more and likely to fall pregnant sooner or later....But hey it's your choice at the end of the day. We have done everything and wasted so much money on products on the market and nothing, so just goes to show.

Maybe perhaps relax a bit and enjoy TTC and it will happen for you

All the best of luck for you and your partner!

Donna xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back