Home births....

bex

Reaction score
i had my first midwife meeting yesterday and we discussed where to have the birth. I have a fear about hospitals but had decided that that would be the safest place to have the baby also I wanted the option of an epidural if I felt I needed one. I was very surprised that my midwife is very for a home birth and has asked me to have a think about that. Has anyone else experienced this with their midwife.... any other views appreciated.

My first Midwife (a guy in fact) was very up for home births too even though this is my first - providing my pregnancy was low risk of course. I am not keen on hospitals either but had thought that it was the best place to be with a first just incase and as I didn't exactly know what would happen or if I'd want an epidural.

I did start to like the idea but and now high risk so I can't. If your midwife is giving you full support then I would definately consider it. You can still be transfered to hospital during the birth or afterwards if you need to be.

xx

Thanks Sami,

This is also my first baby so I had not thought about it. My sister had huge problems with her first and ended up having emergency c-section and elective for her second so she is saying DON'T DO IT! But have to say I am VERY tempted! If pregnancy goes well, obviously!

I am having a home birth this time - wouldn't do anything else.

If you aren't far from the hospital (which I'm not) then you have nothing to loose, if you need medical attention they will ship you off in an ambulance and you would be there quicker then if you took yourself.

Your labour is more likely to progress better and quicker if you are at home as you are more relaxed in your own environment.

Have a think xx

i would consider a home birth for my next baby as i didnt enjoy the hospital experience, to clinical i was just a number.
had high bp so was transfered from midwife unit to a hosp.. hbby wasn't allowed in amb... so bp went even higher! :shock:

Hypnorm,

That is horrible, they can try not letting my partner stay with me!!!

I've never heard of that before..............normally they would be allowed with you. Poor you xx

Have met my midwife last week (24 weeks it was), and I got the feeling that she was also pushing for home birth. I don't know what to think really, am looking at my house thinking: "where on earth would I deliver?" and if it happens at night, am not sure my neighbours would be very happy!
Alos, if I have to be transfered, well, the hospital is niether close nor far, really, but I just think that would make me panick to have to be moved in the middle of it!
I am scared, basically!
then, I went on doing some research on the net, and here is a good website to go through:
http://www.homebirth.org.uk/

they seem to say that the safest birth for a homebirth is with the 1st baby! so, here we go, ...I'm still confused! :?

Mel xx

i hated having my baby in hospital first time around and would love to have the courage to have this one at home but am too scared, i didnt deal with the pain of labour very well first time around and after 31 hours opted for an epidural this time im going to stay at home as long as possible i wasnt sure first time how long to wait and after id been in labour 14 hours thought i should go lol was only 5cm when i got there took me another 22 hours to get to 10 :shock: :shock: :shock:
im only 5/10 mins from hospital so this time if all goes well am going to stay at home until right till the end
being in hospital was horrible all i wanted to do was walk up and down the corridors to ease the pain and midwives kept telling me off and saying i had to get back into bed :evil: i was only 20 so did as i was told
NOT THIS TIME :evil:
XXXXXXXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back