• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Home birth and Birthing pools

Coco pops

Reaction score
Hello Ladies!

Those who are having a home home with a birthing pool which pool are you going to get? are you going to buy or rent and have you thought about a heated one? I know I am early in thinking about this but I would be interested to see what others think!

Thanks
Katie

I would have loved to have a home birth, but I had to be induced with my first. After complications I'm glad I was in hospital & this rules out the chance of a home birth second time around. I am considering a birth pool, but in a hospital environment so I can be taken to a delivery suite in case of complications again. I would say if you feel happy having baby at home & are relatively near to a local hospital with a delivery suite - go for it. But time is of the essence if there are complications, so if you are a fair trek from a hospital go for a birth pool in a suite that has medical facilities should they be needed.

Sunnyb xxx

Thanks Sunnyb - I am totally sold on the home birth so long as nothing changes before then! the midwife is happy with it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back