Holidaying!!

abcd1234

Reaction score
I have a chance to take baby on holiday with me next april, he'll be 9/10 months and we'd be going to the dominican republic, has anyone taken baby away with them when they were around this age and if so was it ok? Obviously i'd be making sure hes out of the sun a lot and kept cool and the resort is a family one.

We're going on holiday on the 16th of May to Tenerife and my LO will be almost 9 months.

The only thing i'm worried about is how she will be on the flight but i think she will be fine once we get there :D

I went to Tunisia when my sons were 15 months and 5 months old!
They were fine! I kept them in the shade and they had a great time with the clean beaches (well my 15 month old did haha)
I was too worried about the plane but they were fine! I mean Tunisia isnt as far but Im sure they would have been fine for as long as we would have liked!

I travelled to Houston with Arianna when she was 15mths and she was fine on the flight... a little sick when we came into land but I think it was just due to tirdness as we had been up for almost 24hrs as our connection flight was delayed :x

Take the usual sun cream, swim nappies (dont take a load of normal nappies with you as you can get them there) bottles, maybe some milton tablets so that you can steralise the bottles.

For the flight - if you dont breast feed... I would recomend the ready made cartons of milk as then as long as they are not open at customs and security checks you wont have to taste it.

Enjoy your trip!

I took Jacob to amerca when he was 9 months old. He slept the whole flight (in a baby flight cot) but when we got there he was on our time clock which meant he was awake from 3am every night... we tried everything to keep him awake longer but by 6pm most evening he was fast... we gave up in the end because we knew we'd have to get him back on our time clock when we came home. At 9 months there no trouble thou... we took him out with us every evening in his pram, he just slept. When he was 13 mnths we took him to portugal which was a little harder during the day keeping him entertained but he loved the pool, and slept for 3 hours during the hottest part of the day. We turned a sun lounger on it's side and made a little play pen for him... buckets of water, sand.. they love it.

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back