Hiya ladies

Mik

Reaction score
Sorry I have been so awol I will try harder! I have been very down recently (is there such a thing as ante-natal depression?) hubby is now used to the idea we are having a 4th but he is still not happy about it and so I am finding it hard to settle into the pregnancy. I have regained 2 of my lost 5 kg but still look the same as pre-preg and am still in my normal jeans :shock:
With the other 3 kids to run after, work and an absent hubby (he is in the army and away for the last week of sept and most of oct) I am just too tired to do anything cept veg in front of garbage on the TV :oops: I will try harder to get on cos it makes me feel better talking to you guys. :hug:

Hi Mik,

Sorry to hear your hubby isn't coming round to the idea of this pregnancy, I'm sure once the LO arrives, he'll melt instantly and regret not being as excited over this pregnancy. Make sure you get some rest, it can't be easy running around after 3 young children, plus working and being pregnant!!

It's good to see you back on here. Looking forward to you joining us big girls over in tri 3. :hug:

hey darling firstly have some hugs :hug: :hug: I have very down days and ive put it down to not feeling good at all. Pregnancy is nothing like I expected and I dont have other kids to run after, I take my hat off to you cause its hard work and I dont know how you girls with kids already to run about after cope with pregnancy! Im sure giving your OH some time he will come around. My OH didnt react the way I expected him or wanted him to at first and we had been trying for months to get pregnant. Its alot for them to take in and as my Mam always tells me we are mothers from the moment we find out we are pregnant where as men are only really Dads when the LO's are born (if that makes sense??)

MrsBrightside said:
hey darling firstly have some hugs :hug: :hug: I have very down days and ive put it down to not feeling good at all. Pregnancy is nothing like I expected and I dont have other kids to run after, I take my hat off to you cause its hard work and I dont know how you girls with kids already to run about after cope with pregnancy! Im sure giving your OH some time he will come around. My OH didnt react the way I expected him or wanted him to at first and we had been trying for months to get pregnant. Its alot for them to take in and as my Mam always tells me we are mothers from the moment we find out we are pregnant where as men are only really Dads when the LO's are born (if that makes sense??)

Defo agree with that!

I'm sure your OH will be fine hun :hug:

Thanks guys :hug:

I just don't see him coming round to the idea at all the first thing he did when I told him I was pg (and I had told him I thought I may be before testing) was volunteer for a 6 month tour in Afghanistan :( thankfully he was turned down as he is acting sgt not full sgt yet but otherwise he would have gone by now and not be back till after baby was born and he goes for 6 months next sept anyhow. That caused a couple of rows I can tell you!
So now he is trying to get on a forward air controller course which basically means he is right on the frontline radioing back to HQ please can you drop a bomb at these coordinates. It isn't the safest job in the army and he would probably be looking at 6 month tours every year for 3-6 years after qualifying as there are not alot of blokes trained to do it(I wonder why :roll: ) :(
It just seems he is doing anything he can to get away from the situation so he doesn't have to face up to it and he is likely to be away for the birth if he gets this job not to mention having to move again which would make 5 houses in 6 years. He is great in every other way well he is a man so his grasp of the housework could do with some work :rotfl: but he takes equal share of bath time, homework time, some cooking and is a great dad to our 3 and a good hubby. He just doesn't want this baby he won't be here for the 20 week scan next week, shows little interest in choosing pushchair, cot etc whereas he was always so involved before.

God I am rambling sorry :oops: I am sure you are right and once bubs is here he will be fine but I am not sure if I will be fine after no real support during the pregnancy

Great to see you back, sorry your having a hard time, i really dont know how i would cope if hubby worked away, your obviously an amazing mum coping with 3 children and a hubby who works away in difficult circumstances. I really hope he comes round to the idea of being a dad again. I think you deserve lots of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back