Hiya girlies REF Corrie Also

simhaz1

Reaction score
Hiya Girlies

i know there is a post already about corrie and how everyone felt about maria,

i don't feel baby move much i defo don't feel him all day and when i liying down at night a might feel him a couple of times but thats it.

midwife checks me and heart beat is still there, i do think midwifes should see us more often than they do once a month till what 30 weeks then every 2 weeks its a long time for things to go wrong.

i'm abit more aware to keep an eye on baby even though i know he don't move hardly.

think my point is that if marias baby hardly moved anyway she wouldn't notice when he hadn't moved at all, think it did make a good point even though it was not acted out that well , i know if they told me my baby had passed i would have been histerical (spelling).

just my opinion

thanks for listening.

bobs xxxxx :D

I agree :) It highlighted awareness for me. Although I would notice, I'm not sure how worried I'd be (I'd probably call my MW after a day or two -who isn't very good and would probably tell me it's normal!) but now I know it could all go horribly wrong, I'll know for sure to get it checked out straight away *just in case*

xx

Hey hun, you are lucky if you get to see your midwife once a month. They see you quite often with your first baby but Im on my second now and have only seen my midwife twice, at 9 weeks and 16 weeks. Im now 23 weeks pregnant and not due to see her again till 28 weeks, by which time it will have been 12 weeks since I last saw her! Having said that, if I was even slightly aware of any kind of problem whatsoever I would be straight on the phone, you can never be too careful. Personally Id rather be a bit embarassed about wasting their time rather than doing nothing then regretting it if something was seriously wrong.

Oooh Lisa, I thought that too about seeing the MW at 28 weeks after my 16 week appointment but she told me that they need to see you at 24 weeks?

xx

I have a 24 week appointment too.

Defo always contact your midwife or GP if you have any concerns, best to err on the side of caution.

dannii87 Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 21:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh Lisa, I thought that too about seeing the MW at 28 weeks after my 16 week appointment but she told me that they need to see you at 24 weeks?

xx

Hey Dannii, its prob because its your first baby. I saw mine every 4 weeks with my first, but they see you much less often with subsequent pregnancies. They just presume you know what to look out for!

Iv seen my midwife twice, and both times i had to ring for the appointment :S god knows when im meant to have me next app with her, getting my bloods bac may 18ths so then do ya think, gradually building up questions to ask :p

Scatterpatch, you should have been given a guide as to when to see your midwife in with your pregnancy notes. With a first baby they usually see you at 10-12 weeks, 16, 24, 28, 31, 34, 36, 38, 40 weeks. For subsequent pregnancies its much less often, probably only 10-12, 16, 28, 32, 36, 38, 40 wks. If you dont have a guide in your notes, I would aim to see her about once a month, unless she tells you otherwise at your next appointment. If you are not sure, just ask, thats what they are there for! It probably varies by area slightly as well, so obviously check with your midwife and dont take my word for it! x

i can't believe some of you are waiting so long to see your midwifes, i completely agree with lisa they seem to disregard you when you have other pregnancies and seem to think you are an expert.

bobs xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back