Hitting the bottle and himself

Redshoes

Reaction score
Whilst feeding with the bottle, Isaac's started hitting it, sometimes it flies across the room he hits it that hard. When he gets hungry he'll also put one hand on his mouth and hit that hand with the other hand. Is he doing his own sign language? :lol:
He's definitely eating what he wants, and I understand he may sometimes do hand gestures on a bottle he does on my breast whilst feeding, but I'm worried he'll hurt himself because he's so strong when he hits, and he also hits his own stomach/sides when he gets excited and is laid on his back.
He seems fine, but I wince when he does it and try and put my hands in the way so he don't hit himself. Anyone been through this with their LO? Don't know if it's all related or a few different issues there :?

Hi Redshoes

George has also knocked the bottle out a couple of times. I don't know why he does it :think: I have to hang on to it firmly now.

As for hitting himself I don't think George has done that yet although he does rub his eyes and nose really hard and will scratch his face if his nails aren't cut.

I guess he could just be exploring his own motor skills. Like he's probably just worked out his hands belong to him and he can move them about as/when he likes.

:hug:
Sabrina

christopher has been doing this for a while hun although the hitting himself bit has only just started he was doing it for ages tonight almost like he was punching himself in the nose :( i tried to stop him but as soon as i moved my hand away he did it again he had just finished his bottle and wanted to go sleep so no idea why unless he was tired and his coordination not so good xxxxxx

Thomas does this all the time. I sometimes have to pin his arms down when he feeds just so it doesn't fly everywhere!

As for hitting himself, he doesnt do that much. He does punch himself in the face quite a lot but but has only injured himself once when he poked hiself in the eye!

Like Sabrina says, probably their way of getting used to their bodies and what they can do.

xx

Thankyou for the suggestion as to why Sabrina :hug: Nice to see you online too, you've not been around for a while, or have I just missed your posts? Also wanted to say how beautiful your boys are, I'll bet your eldest is a real heartbreaker, just like George hehe

Thankyou very much for your stories too rach and noodle1 :hug: its great to hear someone else's LO has/is doing it too, makes me feel more at ease with it, thought it is very annoying when they hit the bottle hard and it flies across the room :shock:

when feeding millie with a spoon she grabs it really tightly and grabs the feeding bowl (coz its bright pink lol!) and when shes having milk she sometimes hits my boobs and digs her fingers in (ouch!)

they surprisingly strong babies, arent they :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back