Hikers/outdoorsy folk - rucksack

TORino

Reaction score
Does anyone have a rucksack you can put baby in? I.e The big ones?

There's a sale at gooutdoors today and I thought we might have a look at getting one of those so we can get out and about in the countryside again with baby.

Can you recommend one? How does the baby sleep in it? Lol

Oh my mums got one for Tyler because she lives in the countryside. It's nearly as big as me tho! They just sleep sitting I believe.

Have you used it pinky? Would you recommend it?

No not yet but mum used it for my brother and sister and she said being hit on the head is a hazard

I don't use a rucksack but I baby wear my dd (17mths) every where including massive mountain hiking we just use our woven wrap it can be worn on the back my fave back carry is a ruck style carry and she sleeps lovely in it although a double hammock wrap carry is comfy for the long hours up and down mountains zxx

yeah there are lots of wraps and carriers that would do the same job but dont look as big and bulky/heavy. an ergo maybe or something like a meitai or a woven wrap in a back ruck carry would be good options

I have a carrier already but OH won't use it and it's not very comfortable tbh. I wouldn't want to wear it for hiking, it's ok for nipping round the shops but not extended wear

It's a caboo carrier. I don't find it that comfortable, when the straps are fanned out to distribute the weight I can move my arms properly and feel restricted

I've got a mai tai but find it difficult to get on and do up tbh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those rucksacks are very very common here. But I have to admit I only saw older Los in there like over 1 year old?
I am not so sure that a smaller LO can comfortably sleep in there?
We are going a lot of mountain climbing etc and we are planning on getting one of those for my oh to carry the baby.
Until though it's a little bigger we will use a babybjorn carrier. I already got one of those and they are super comfy.also it comes in black too and my oh saw no problem on using it when the time comes and he is quite funny with Jose things....
the rucksacks are massive but it's well needed for older Los, they also have sth for shade over they head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back