Hiccups

-Cat-

Reaction score
Well last week I started to feel little bean having hiccups for the first time, cute little poping things, and my tummy even bounces with them, like a little pulse! However since starting to feel them I have found that it has hiccups every day, several times a day. In fact most of the time! Im 35weeks a the mo. Has anyone else found there bump is hiccuping this frequently? just wondered if my bub was having some sort of breathing or digestion problem?!?!

since around 34/5 weeks i been feeling loads of hiccups it was sooo exciting as it was the first time and they are so noticeable..... if i put my hand under bump cud really feel baby jump as each hiccup came.. i dont think its any thing to worry about... just means baby is swollowing loads of amniotic fluid which is a good thing

Hee hee - we felt our 'little bump' hiccuping for the first time on Sunday - it was soooooo cute and as you say, really obvious.

Hope it doesn't happen in the middle of the night though - I'd never get to sleep!!
LBxx

hi Cat, that happened to me for two weeks every day sometimes 3 times a day and now i am nearly 36wks it hasn't happened half as much. Like you i was quite worried but midwife said it was normal. Its just hard coz you can't do anything for the poor little beeX

I woke up in the middle of the night to a strange knocking from inside during week 30. I got my husband to feel it, and we ended up calling a nurse who couldn't tell us what it was and we ended up going to the hospital.
It was of course hiccups and if anyone had even suggested the word, I might have realised that that is what it was!
I thought the baby was having a fit.

So I really disagree with detal hiccups being obvious - certainly at 3am!!!!

I heard that babies who hiccup alot in the womb, hiccup alot after tehy are born.
Have you found that to be true?

Ava had the hiccups quite often right after she was born, but she doesn't get them very often now.

hi, my little bub has had hiccups quite a lot.
Wait til you hear it on the fetal moniter for first time , now thats weird i thought something was wrong and when midwife told me what it was i just went AWWW and all gooey was quite disapointed when it stopped!!!

I heard that the hiccup has very little function in people once they’re born but is a base instinct/reflex when inside the womb, the action of the hiccup can stimulate breathing by forcibly moving the babies diaphragm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back