Hi All

H16

Reaction score
Hi All,

Me and my boyfriend are/were together over a year (and friends for a year before that) and have been pregnant before but had a miscarriage last year, we were both over the moon about the first pregnancy so when we miscarried it devastated us both. Nearly 10 months on I have discovered I am pregnant again but this time my boyfriend does not wish to be a father so we are going to have to split up.

I know lots of women are single mums, even my own mum was for a short time but it is still very daunting - does anyone else wonder how on earth they will cope?

I went through phases of feeling like that. I was more fearful about finances though - I've always worried about money mind you. The further along in my pregnancy I got the more I realised I could do it. People do it every day of the year. :) There might be times when it won't be easy (I'm not delusional) but it will always be worth it. When I finally met him the worry/panic left. I know I'll be able to do it because he's my wee priority now, my focus, my inspiration, as silly as it sounds. Now I worry about bowel movements, how to make up formula etc. :)

Congratulations! More fool him for not wanting to be around. The FOB was the same, we split up, got together, split up, got back together, you get my drift. Each time it got more and more heart breaking, he'd come back for a few months here and there. Friends said to me right at the beginning of my pregnancy that he wasn't worth it, but I kept giving him chance after chance. I wish I'd listened to them.

I am the happiest I've ever been in my life. My son is 19 months old and is my life. His father visits a couple of times a year when it suits him. I worry what it will do to my son in the future, but the main thing is he has one stable parent who loves him more than anything.

I work full time, my parents help out every other week and come and stay with me for a couple of days., I have to juggle lots and some days I think I'm going to spontaneously combust, but it's all made better when my little boy says, My Mummy (it's his new phrase) . Being a parent is the most rewarding thing in the world and you will make it work.

All relationships are different, but if I could go back and do it all again, I would be a lot more chilled and leave him in his own self centred world.

Take care, let us know how it's going

X

Fob done a runner when i was 8 weeks pregnant and thing were touch and go with bubba needing scans etc.
Til i got to 12 weeks i worried constantly but as soon as i saw her on the screen that was it all worrying aside and i enjoyed my pregnanvy.
The last few weeks i had a wobble but most women do.
10m on and im back to work part time and keiras at nursery. I have a fab family who help pick her up etc.
Try not to worry and just take eah day as it comes x

Hugs hun :)
Im a single mummy too x

tapatalking x

Thanks ladies, it does help knowing that there are other people out there in my position who are happy and capable mummies :) x

*deleted*

Last edited:
Honestly hun, dont give him another thought. To say something like that proves he never ever should be a father, and your baby will be so much better without him!! Xx

tapatalking x

Thanks hun, my heart is absolutely shattered, I wish I knew where the person I fell in love with has dissapeared to. I feel really lonely :(

Thanks hun, my heart is absolutely shattered, I wish I knew where the person I fell in love with has dissapeared to. I feel really lonely :(

This is exactly how I felt a couple of months ago, but it does get easier xx

tapatalking x

I've got a lot of family help so I know it's going to be a lot easier than if I were completely alone.
At the end of the day, the 'fathers' are the ones missing out and I'm just thankful that I get to make all the decisions for my baby :)
I hope everything goes well for you and baby x

I am in the same boat.. Pregnant and single. My ex disappeared on me when I was about 6 weeks and wants nothing to do with either of us. I have been really down about it but I'm nearly twenty five weeks now and every time I feel my little boy kick it makes me smile. I still have so many worries about how I am going to manage because I am going to have to go back to work full time and I do shift work so it won't be easy at all but at the end of the day I just tell myself that he never really loved me or he would never of done this to me.. And I don't want to be with someone who dosent love me so I'm glad he's gone now. Hopefully the future will bring a better man for me, one who dosent just run away when things get difficult xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back