helppp!

*Hope*

Reaction score
hey wise ones, i have some questions if thats ok!

as some may know i had to leave my job due to it being unsafe in pregnancy (horses).

im almost 4 months now. my maternity pay doest kick in till late april. till then i have been advised to go on benefits by citizens advice :( its is so not me.

BUT this means i can private rent a house and the council will pay my rent so being that it looks like i will be a single mummy i need this badly!

im struggling on benefits and hate it so arranged an interview for a job this week to earn money till april (an office job) however my friends reminded me that if im working i wil no longer be eligible for the housing benefit etc?!?! so not fair.

is this def true? do i have any options?? xx

Don't ask a bunch of us on the internet; get yourself to the nearest Citizen's Advice Bureau and ask!

Remember you can't have everything. Benefits will provide a house for you if you can't provide for one yourself, so if you can work, they need to have a bit of delineation. Look into what will happen after your pregnancy; would you rather have a job to go back to, with help with childcare, or stay in a house provided by the council never able to work? I know which I'd prefer for the future.

i work 19 hours a week, well, when i'm not off having babies i do :lol: i'm only entitled to about £14 a week housing benefit. working tax credit, in my experience is enough to cover housing xx

i work 19 hours a week, well, when i'm not off having babies i do :lol: i'm only entitled to about £14 a week housing benefit. working tax credit, in my experience is enough to cover housing xx

Is this since the change in nov where they dont count your child bennifit ..I ask bcos i only got £7 a week before that and now i get £69 x

To OP you need to go Citezen advice xx

Don't ask a bunch of us on the internet; get yourself to the nearest Citizen's Advice Bureau and ask!

Remember you can't have everything. Benefits will provide a house for you if you can't provide for one yourself, so if you can work, they need to have a bit of delineation. Look into what will happen after your pregnancy; would you rather have a job to go back to, with help with childcare, or stay in a house provided by the council never able to work? I know which I'd prefer for the future.

Alright rude!
as i clearly said, i had to leave my job because my area or work is too risky in pregnancy! my maternity pay kicks in in APRIL so i wont be on benefits then will i!?! its for these next 2 months im talking about. not after the baby is born, or even after april.

anyway thanks to other 2 i think i know what has to be done now x

Thats what the forum is for - quite often other people in the same situation are a good source of information and comfort :eh:

Anyway Hope - If your on low income (including low income from PT work) you may still apply for working tax credits and housing. Try entitledto with an estimate of information - this site also continues on to let you know if you may be able for assistance with housing and council tax then when baby comes and your on MAT leave you change your circumstances with both council and tax credits then again when baby is born you add details of LO to both claims.

:D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back