Help with girls name!!

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
well now we have found out we are expecting a little princess we need to chose names.

all the way through the pregnancy i have loved the name Ruby and to me, her name is Ruby, looking at the photo's i couldnt imagine calling her anything else...BUT.....OH still isnt 100% sure he wants it, anyway we decided her middle name would be Emily as it was my nan's name and it would mean loads to me but OH doesnt think Ruby Emily really goes together, so this morning he suggested maybe Ruby Maddison Emily

But im not sure, im rubbish with how names go lol

what do you girls think?!? :D

I think it sounds lovely and its a nice compromise from your OH.

Go with your gut feeling, I always felt Lucy was Lucy even before we knew she was a girl.

I see what he means about Ruby Emily not going so well, I think because they both end in a Y. But Ruby Maddison is cute.

L x

Becky said:

Go with your gut feeling, I always felt Lucy was Lucy even before we knew she was a girl.

Its funny, my Lucy didnt ever feel like a Lucy to me :(
OH picked her name! I kinda agreed while in labour! :roll: But Im glad I did! I couldnt imagine her named anything else! :D

I think Ruby maddison Emily is cute!! :D

lea m said:
Becky said:

Its funny, my Lucy didnt ever feel like a Lucy to me :(
OH picked her name! I kinda agreed while in labour! :roll: But Im glad I did! I couldnt imagine her named anything else! :D

Haha, well I declared her name after OH told me she was a girl I said "Its Lucy!" OH had always liked the name but we'd never decided on it officially, I don't think he could have argued after a hard labour followed by emergency section!

Ruby Maddison is beautiful and my wee girl agrees :wink: :hug:

I think go with it, if you get to give your daughter the name you want. People very rarely use middle names, but she'll always be called Ruby. :)

Ruby Emily doesn't flow well, but Ruby Maddison works :)

As it'll be a middle name I'd not worry overly, but I personally find Ruby Maddison Emily a bit long. I'd go with one middle name if it were me.

End of the day, its what you both like and agree on. Taste is subjective and what we like may well be different from you. You won't please everyone, so just please yourselves and your LO. She is the one who will have to live with whatever you decide :wink:

Forgot to say that OH's surname is Allison so it would be

Ruby Maddison Emily Allison

What do you think? i cant work out whether it sounds ok or not?! :think:

When you say Ruby Emily Allison I think it sounds good!

And I very rarely use Mhairi's middle name. And I never use mine!

xxx

~*Leanne*~ said:
Forgot to say that OH's surname is Allison so it would be

Ruby Maddison Emily Allison

What do you think? i cant work out whether it sounds ok or not?! :think:

Umm it kind of rhymes. Maddison and Allison are very close sounding. And Ruby and Emily ending in y. TBH its a bit of a mouthful therefore for my liking.

I'd like Ruby Emily Allison which IMHO works and sounds better than Ruby Maddison Allison.

I know people never use their middle names, but they still have to write them on some things and also use them publicly on occasion (when marrying for example) so consider all aspects of use in future years.

End of the day its what you and your OH like. Our opinions are only that, opinions :)

My son has 2 middle names and so will this baby and any others I have. I think Ruby Maddison Emily Allison sounds lovely, it goes up and down in a sing-song way and is really pretty.

It sounds like you've got a good compromise, so go with what makes you both happy :hug:

Ruby Emily Allison

i like this best, Ruby Maddison Emily Allison is too much to say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back