Help with bringing routine forward? *UPDATED YAY!!*

happy-chick

Reaction score
OK for the past few weeks Ellie will go to sleep at about 12-1am wake at about 7am for a feed then go back to sleep until 10-11am so she usually does a good 9hrs with one feed... im absolutely over the moon about this :D Shes been a good sleeper since being a few weeks old so im pretty confident that she will continue sleeping well. :pray: She also cat naps during the day (15mins here and there) and usually had a couple of hours mid afternoon but other than that shes awake and alert most of the day.

She had colic that typically went from 8pm until 12am so this ment she went to sleep when it passed, its now improved alot and she doesnt really get as much pain so could probably go to sleep earlier but it seems she doesnt get tired until gone 12am or if she does go to sleep she wakes not long after. Do i need to wake her earlier in the morning so she's more tired at night?

At the moment we've been trying to bath her / nappy off time at about 7pm then relax her from about 9pm, low lights, relaxed atmosphere, no stimulation or toys but she just isnt tired so is getting really fidgety and then ends up upset cos shes bored... I would like to bring her sleep time forward from gone midnight to 9pm ideally and then get up earlier in the morning... I presume this will need to be done gradually but how?

Any help advice appreciated :D

hi,
Just a quick reply. My LO was the same but without the colic. She went to sleep between 12 and 1am every night. We tried all kinds of things to make her go to bed earlier but to be honest, nothing worked because her inner clock was like that.

Trying to put her routine forward became stressful because we worked so hard at it and then when it didn't work it was frustrating and tiring. In the end we chose to go with it and in the end she changed by herself. One week she went from bed at 1am to 11am and then seemingly overnight she changed by herself again to between 7pm and 8pm. We didn't do anything.

Perhaps try and see if it works to move it forward, but if it doesn't work I think she will change by herself in a little while. She is still small.

We started with Arianna going to bed at about 11.30pm and once she was settled into that we moved in back 30min... settled to that back 30 min and so on... eventually Arianna was in bed at 7.30 and sleeping right through....

I would recomend easing her into it rather than just changing it straight away...
Hope that helps :hug:

UPDATE

WOW!! Last night Ellie went to sleep from 7:30pm totally of her own accord and didnt wake until 4:00am for a feed she then went back to sleep until just now 8:30am! Thats about 12hrs sleep!!! Were hoping this is here to stay & it not cos shes poorly (chest infection) but if nothing else we shud be able to get her to bed earlier now! It also proves she can go a good 9hrs without a feed.

WELL DONE ELLIE!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

thats great jo , i wouldnt mind leland doing ya first routine lol his still sleepinh way too much in the day !

Shes been asleep alot today too, must be fighting her infection poor love! Hope it wasnt just a one off :lol: :pray:

bless her, and Lucky you! Avas woke up every hour from 2am last night :cry:
glad the colics settled :wink:
xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back