Help, what do i do?

natalie_staffs

Reaction score
Hey

Im in a bit of a dilemma and would like some advice on how to deal with it please ladies.

I have a friend who i spend alot of time with and have done since we fell pregnant with our boys. They are both 2 and a half with only 2 weeks between them so we have been like rocks to each other since then. I really get on with this friend and really enjoy spending time with her, but my problem is her son. He is such a little gem when he is on his own but when he's with my son he's a monster. He's always winding my son up, biting him, pinching him, grabbing him, stealing his juice and food. Lately he's started to try and head butt him and he punched him in the back quite violently. Is this normal for a 2 year old? The boys dad is not around much but when he is he gets the boy to punch him in the chest and play fight with him so maybe this is what is making him so naugty. He is so clever and sly too. I find it really hard not to flip my lid most of the time and dont want to fall out with my friend. I think i may have to stop them seeing each other. Anyone been in same or similar situation and what was the outcome?

thanks in advance

natalie x

Hi there

we had a similar situation with our son in nursery he was playing on a scooter and 1 little boy hit him in the face because he wouldn't get off it i just about managed to keep my cool when i found out about it luckilyit hasn't happened again since

All children go through a stage of hitting and biting but i do agree with you the father is teaching his on that fighting is ok don't be affraid to point out what he is doing is wrong though if ur friend is one worth keeping then she will understand that what he is doing to you're son is wrong and naughty. :hug:

Most 2 yr olds I have met go through this stage. The 'terrible 2s'! I do think it is up to the parents to control the child and teach them what's acceptable though. Does your friend get upset if you tell her son off as in 'dont do that it hurts, we dont like that'? I would be mad if that happened to Emms! I have resorted to telling friend's children not to do stuff at times - it's like a reflex with me, but I havent got into trouble for it yet!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back