HELP - nose blocked all the time ??????

Fiona

Reaction score
Since I have been pregnant I have had really bad nasal congestion.
My nose is blocked all the time and although bearable during the day it is becoming a real problem at night.

Nose is blocked so I end up breathing through my mouth, I'm not quite snoring with it but do make grunting noises all night that wake OH up and also wake me up - plus I end up haivng to drink water during the night because my mouth is so dry - and yes, this ads to even more journeys to the loo during the night !!!!!!!! :x :x

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, have you managed to do something to sort it out.

I spoke to the pharmasist at boots who gave me a saline solution but it doesn't make an ounce of difference... :wall: :wall: haven't got a midwife's appointment for another 3 weeks and don't particularly want to bother the docs........ but will if I have to ......

any help would be appreciated.........
Fiona

Both myself and my friend (MrsG) had sinus problems through pregnancy. Unfortunately it is a side-effect from your body producing extra mucus and there isn't much that can be done about - sorry. :(

Saying that though, keep an eye on it and if it gets painful then definitely go to the doctors. I ended up with sinusitus and on anti-biotics.

Have you tried steam inhalation? Nothing in the water, just very hot water in a bowl with your head over it. You don't even need to cover your head with a towel if you don't want to.

What about trying something like Beconase? My GP said it was safe to use during pregnancy as it doesn't cross the placenta.
Might do the trick?
Steam inhalation like Tankett says is worth a try too.
Lucyx

hi fiona,
I`ve had a really blocked nose for the past few months now, drives you nuts!!
I have been using some olbas oil, it works a little bit, my hubby says i sound like a big steam boat coming in when I blow my nose, but there isnt any way of doing it quietly ( or I havent found it yet! lol)
I`m 21 weeks now and it is starting to get a little bit better, do you get bad headaches or anything else?
Sometimes i feel like I am falling to bits.....but looking at the baby scan makes me feel a lot better.
Hope you feel better soon x

Hi!

I have had this ever since I found out that i was pg :evil:

I spoke to my m/w and my doc.

Apparently it is the progesterone in your body and is avery common symptom of PG and to expect it until LO arrives :shock:

I was told by my GP to put Olbas oil on my pillow at night and to inhale steamed water.

Don't take too much Vicks or anything as it becomes addictive and gets worse!It is so horrible,espacially the constant dry throat!

oh bless the joys of pregnancy eh!! the things they never tell you!! :wall:

Ive got it too. Just started off as sneezing a lot, but now its like the end of a cold, all blocked nose :x (Trouble is when i sneeze all the time have to be carefull not to do a little wee :rotfl: )

thanks for all the advice girls.... OH suggested that I tried sleeping in the garden where the cool breeze would help unblock my nose !!!

As you can imagine ... I had a few other suggestions of my own !!

will try to oilbas oil and hot water ... see how it goes...

apart from this and being tired... I am absolutely love being pregnant
so shall just grin and bear the nose for another few months :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back