help needed!

louzee22

Reaction score
hi me and husband have decided to try for a baby i have been off the pill for about 6 months now. I feel really ready to have a baby now but not really sure how to go out charting ovulation an when i should test and signs to look for! any advice would be greatly recieved! thank you
louise

Hi

I have just started charting on fertility friend, it's very good and does all of the ovulation detecting for you. Im not actually TTC untill Sept but wanted to get a feel for how my cyles are since coming off the pill.

Also try ebay fertility plan sell ovulaton predictor kits very cheap

Good Luck TTC and welcome xx :hug:

Go shopping for a thermometer and a pack of ovulation strips (£3.99 in wilkinsons for 5 but cheaper on line).

then you take your temp every morning and record it for highs and lows, you use the strips around 11 days after your period starts and you watch for positives (pack explains what to look for)

good luck :hug:

you 'll pick up loads on this forum hun

best thing is to find out how long your cycles are and then work out 14 days back as people tend to ovulate exactly 14 days or so before period, this is your most fertile period about 5 days before ovulation so you need to make sure you have sex regularly around that time.

or thank you everyone for your help i have ordered some tests off e bay and will go to wilko. thanks again x

the best indication for me is checking for EWCM around day 14 of cycle. id be peeing on ov sticks all the time if i got started on all that, im bad enuf POAS when its testing time!

Not trying to stir things up here, but in "Taking Charge of Your Fertility", she says it's a common misunderstanding that ovulation happens for most women on day 14 of your cycle. It goes on to say that a lot of couples will try only around this time, and due to the fact that they may actually ovulate earlier or later, they completely miss the chance.

I've not read up at all on ovulation kits, so i can't say anything about those. But the book does go into great detail about how to chart with taking temperatures, CM, and other symptoms. It teaches you to really know and understand your body and cycle and when ideal times would be for TTC.

But at any rate, I don't get commission from pushing the book ;) It just helped me understand a lot and might be worth taking a peek at.

Any way you do it though, best of luck to you!!! :D

i'd say start doing the ov sticks from day 9 of your cycle as said before you can't be sure when you ovulate but i'd say start bding about then good luck ttc :D

hi me and husband have decided to try for a baby i have been off the pill for about 6 months now. I feel really ready to have a baby now but not really sure how to go out charting ovulation an when i should test and signs to look for! any advice would be greatly recieved! thank you
louise

Hi

I have just started charting on fertility friend, it's very good and does all of the ovulation detecting for you. Im not actually TTC untill Sept but wanted to get a feel for how my cyles are since coming off the pill.

Also try ebay fertility plan sell ovulaton predictor kits very cheap

Good Luck TTC and welcome xx :hug:

Go shopping for a thermometer and a pack of ovulation strips (£3.99 in wilkinsons for 5 but cheaper on line).

then you take your temp every morning and record it for highs and lows, you use the strips around 11 days after your period starts and you watch for positives (pack explains what to look for)

good luck :hug:

you 'll pick up loads on this forum hun

best thing is to find out how long your cycles are and then work out 14 days back as people tend to ovulate exactly 14 days or so before period, this is your most fertile period about 5 days before ovulation so you need to make sure you have sex regularly around that time.

or thank you everyone for your help i have ordered some tests off e bay and will go to wilko. thanks again x

the best indication for me is checking for EWCM around day 14 of cycle. id be peeing on ov sticks all the time if i got started on all that, im bad enuf POAS when its testing time!

Not trying to stir things up here, but in "Taking Charge of Your Fertility", she says it's a common misunderstanding that ovulation happens for most women on day 14 of your cycle. It goes on to say that a lot of couples will try only around this time, and due to the fact that they may actually ovulate earlier or later, they completely miss the chance.

I've not read up at all on ovulation kits, so i can't say anything about those. But the book does go into great detail about how to chart with taking temperatures, CM, and other symptoms. It teaches you to really know and understand your body and cycle and when ideal times would be for TTC.

But at any rate, I don't get commission from pushing the book ;) It just helped me understand a lot and might be worth taking a peek at.

Any way you do it though, best of luck to you!!! :D

i'd say start doing the ov sticks from day 9 of your cycle as said before you can't be sure when you ovulate but i'd say start bding about then good luck ttc :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back