help needed .?

angiemum2b

Reaction score
DOes anyone know how long left on a adult passport you have to have to fly abroad.? :think: :think: :think:

Does that make sense ? ? :think:

My MIL passport runs out in Jan 08 but we fly to salou in september 07 will they let her fly ??? :|

Just need some help but can't find out on the internet .?

I'm confused- if her passport is in date then she can go abroad on it. As long as it doesn't run out while your out there and can't get back...

You need a min of 6 months so she'll have to renew before she goes- sorry :(

that's what i though you might need a min of certain amount of months on to fly out and in. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Damn..... it better come back bloody quick or i'll fly without her!!! LOL :rotfl:

I want a holiday!!!!! *** stamps feet***

Thanks for quick reply ladies :hug:

Yes you need a minimum of 6 months validity on the passport I'm afraid. It will need renewed before you go but any time remaining on the old passport will be added to the new one so if she renews now (leaving July, August and September) her new passport will be issued for 10 years and 3 months type thing, if she renews in July it will be valid for 10 years, 2 months etc. You don't loose the months left on the passport if that makes sense. Send it off now, you have plenty of time before your new year holiday - they usually take around a fortnight, 3-4 weeks in the height of the summer.

I've flown out for a 2 week trip with not much left on my passport...
I was a kid though, so maybe they didn't check properly :think:

Nevermind - at least you know now :D

I heard a guy in the post office in front of me - he's going away in 2 weeks and his passport only has a month left on it. Apparently so long as it's in date the day you departed, it's ok. That's what they told him anyway because he's travelling in EU. I don't know where Salou is, but if it's in EU then I think I remember someone saying on here you only need your driving license if you don't have your passport?

But I may be wrong.

you should have 6 months on passport But only take 3 weeks to renew them

:cheer: :cheer:

I always thought you needed to have 6 months left. xxx

some countries u need longer :shock: think we had to over a year left for kenya!

salou is lovery btw , are u going to portaventura while your there ?

G3M yeah i'm hoping to go with OH and Owen it looks really good.

Thanks for the reply's ladies i better get the passports sent off!!!! :roll:
Typical MIL & FIL :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back