Help, need ideas for work (Finland related)

Flame

Reaction score
We are having a countries theme day at work and our team has Finland, so i need ideas of what we can do to decorate etc. We have a budget of £10 to do it with.

Anyone with any Soumi knowledge have any idea what we can do? i dont think we can get a snow machine in to the office, especially not for £10.

What about "cotton wool" snow? Certainly cheaper than a snow machine? :D i am afraid I am not much use...I know next to nothing about Finland...what was the capital city? :oops: :oops: :oops:

I think I better leave now, before i show even more ignorance on the subject! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hope you have fun with the theme, anyway! :lol: :lol:

Lisa

Thanks good idea.

Cotton wool snow would be a good idea, although i would need one hell of a lot of cotton wool. lol . Although i guess i could just do my desk and suggest others bring there own cotton wool in. Cool thank youuuuu :D

I live in Finland!

Not that I really have any ideas to help you though... cotton wool snow and Finnish flags is about all I can think of. You could cut snowflakes out of paper too, might be a bit cheaper than cotton wool. How about a big banner saying "Hyvää Suomi"? It's what Finns chant at sports games, just means "good/happy/yay Finland" really.

Father Christmas lives in Finland, so maybe you could just go out and out with a Christmas theme and unpack all your decorations! Or think of sauna and turn the office heat up on full ;)

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and fill you in :)

If only they would turn the heating up in the office, its always freezing! lol

I did suggest the christmas santa theme but they didnt seem to go for it.

We currently have lots of posters with random facts, flags and bunting, and possibly going to be wearing either viking helmets or traditional dress? We are hoping to get lots of posters from the finland office to put up and someone is making a cake.

One thing i would like to ask though, we are making a banner with something written on it tanslated in to Finnish/soumi? if i pm'd it to you would you let me know if it is accurate please?

DH is most definately a Finn.. MIL is actually flying out to Finland tomorrow..

Finlands biggest exports...

Alcohol... (although maybe not appropriate for work ... or maybe it is if you've had the day I've had :rotfl:)
Moomin (http://www.muumimaailma.fi/englanti/)
Reindeer... (not only have I consumed said animal, the hide of Rudolf adorns our living room wall)
Santa Claus of course.. :)

So pretty much anything in connection with that... I don't know if Taika is Finnish/speaks Finnish etc.... but if there any problems you can PM me with stuff, and I'll get my personal translator on to it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oooh cool thanks. I'll try and send it you to look at tomorrow.

Your a star :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back