help minor dilema

k8_005

Reaction score
ok guys nothing to do with baby properly but hope you will have the answer after loosing last babe, husband is uber protective and has banned anything and everything (seriously) that he thinks may compromise baby.... now my mum is coming down tonight and its her birthday, she really really really wants to go ice skating i have said yes ...but i know its on hubbys banned list, what do i do?? mum doesnt know about preg as she is always on about my weight in a kindly mum way and how before we try again i have to be much slimmer...... so i decided it was easier not to say anything, also we dont want to tell anyone (except our two best freinds) until after scan because of last time. so without telling her, how do i go and convince hubby its fine, or b not go and dissapoint her on her birthday?! help!!!! edit : im only 6.5weeks x

Last edited:
Can u pretend uv twisted ur ankle and limp around?

I'm sorry to say, sweetie, but I agree with your OH on the skating. You can take a nasty fall and I can understand him worrying.

I wouldn't skate either. Saying that I went on the back of a motorbike until 24 weeks but if I'd had a mc/problems before I think I would have been more careful xx

thanks every1 going to twist anke while shoppping tommo xx

I was out on rollerblades when I was around 4 weeks pregnant (I didnt know at the time), I managed to fall over and hurt my wrist and wind myself really bad. I blame myself for my mmc as baby would've stopped growing shortly after this fall. It's probably not related but u can't help but beat urself up about it. So just for peace of mind I would steer clear of the ice rink. Xx

i'd only go if you're a confident skater! I went last week - but wouldn't have gone if there was a high risk of falling over but i've only fallen over once in my life and that was because i was pushed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back