Help! kids room draw handles

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Im after some inspiration.

Ive been given a 5 draw chest of draws (got to love free cycle!!). They where bright yellow till me and OH spent most of the day in my mums garden today with sanders. They currently have one coat of white paint on them, and tomorrow will have a 2nd.

when i get around to it, im planning to redecorate alice's bedroom ready to be able to move lewis in there as well (its currently pink with butterflies and i can't subject my blue clad boy to that :wink: !).

Im going to paint it white / cream and put an alphabet border around the room, or framed pictures with alphabet figures in them...

kinda like this:
ALPHABETROOM+APPL.jpg

anyway, back to the point of my post... i don't know what to do about handles for the chest of draws! They currently have white round handles on them. They work and will do ok, but i kinda wanted something a bit different. I was thinking about chunky letters or numbers.. Ive been on the b&q website, and ebay and google in general and i can't seem to find any. they are all printed onto round handles and thats not what im after.

has anyone got any ideas on something that i could use, or an idea that could work instead? I seem to have hit a bit of a mental block...

How good at DIY are you or your OH? It is just that my DH has an idea where you could make your own (sort of) by buying the wooden letters (some thing like....http://www.themarketgallery.com/?PLUID=5024418130420) and then making them into the handles. I won't bore you with the details now but if you want more details then pm me.

p.s He is a cabinet maker by trade :)

B&Q website is rubbish i would look instore maybe

Ebay has some little miss, zebra, car and MIFFY!!!! but no letter ones sadly

Buy the wooden letters from eBay and some rounded wood (can't remember the name :lol:) from a hardware shop. Cuts wood into chunks and attach letter to them (screw or super strong glue) then attach to drawer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back