Help/info-recieved this letter

Little Bump

Reaction score
I recieved this letter from the hospital this morning, now I'm puzzled/worried and can't get hold of anyone to explain it to me. It reads as follows;

To the parent or guardian of;
Miss Sydnee XXXX

(Details of appointment time etc)

The above appointment has been arranged for you to have a diagnostic test in the Cardio Respitory Unit at this hospital.

This is a simple ultrasound of your heart and requires no preperatio. The test may take up to half an hour to perform.

On arrival please report to Support Services Reception which is reached by entering the Outpatient Department.

If you are unable to attend....blah blah...

No one mentioned any concerns etc when she was in hospital last week, and now I'm panicking. I can't get hold of my Health Visitor, Doctor nor can anyone I manage to get hold of on the extension number tell me anything!

Does anyone know anything about this procedure, or why they would carry it out? Could it be a precautionary thing due to her being in hospital with an infection last week?

Firstly can I say please don't panic. It sounds routine and may well be a follow up because of her recent infection. I've had one of these scans and they are really simple and non invasive. Its an ultrasound scan much like you have when PG only of your heart. It means scanning the front of the chest, the side and also the back so get a clear all round picture. Because of this it can take a little while but it really is painless.

You have plenty of time to chase up and find out why she has been asked to go in for this test. If she has been asked for one they may just be wanting to check things after her infection clearing up.

But again, please don't panic. It won't do anyone any good. And you have plenty of time to find out why this test is being carried out. Its a shame its come as a shock to you I admit, but it really is a straightforward test to carry out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back