Help constipation and jaundiced

Babylicious

Reaction score
Harrison is constipated and hasnt' done a poo in the last 24 hours so I'm giving him cooled boiled water, is this effective? He took an ounce earlier, so do I just persist until he's been?

Also he's still jandiced, will they want him back in hospital? He's feeding fine and wetting plently of nappies and very alert.

:cry: :cry: Really worried about the little mite.

If you're breast feeding then hes probably got breastfeeding related jaundice. Its really common. Try drinking orange juice and see if that helps with the constipation as it helps lil miss...if not just persist with the water also get him out side as much as possible (I know storms are battering the UK atm so its a bit iffy :roll:) but other than photo therapy, the best treatment for Jaundice is plenty of clear fluids to help flush the system.

water deffo works for constipation,jack was constipated when he was a few days old so we gave him some water and he has never had it again

leland had prolonged jaundice even after 48 hours on billi bed , they didnt want him back but if he'd have gone longer then 3 weeks they would have done more blood tests , your hv will keep an eye on it , i take it u've not been discharge from there visits yet if his still got it ?

try laying him on his back, and moving his legs like in a cycling way?? do u get me? :rotfl: or massage his belly.

Harriet has got jaundice too, we just lay her in sun as much as possible. MW told me if she still has it at 14 days they will do a blood test.

He's done poo now :cheer: but is still jaundiced so got him in the sun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back