Help - Breast & Bottle Trouble! Completely Stressed Out

RitaJS

Reaction score
I have gone back to work this week and have my LO booked in to attend nursery 3 days per week. The week prior to going back to work i took LO upto new nursery so she could get used to her surroundings and staff before dropping her off on today.

I spent two days with her last week at the nursery, then left her there on Thur morning and Fri afternoon - this was the 1st time me and LO have been apart for any length of time since her birth.

On both occasions when i went back to pick her up i was told that she refused to feed - she just wouldnt take the bottle. LO is completely breastfeed, i have introduced bottles and have never had any issue with her taking a feed from a bottle. Even members of my family have feed her without issue.

I don't understand why all of a sudden she is refusing the bottle. It is the first time she is being bottle fed without me being present but surely that shouldnt affect anything.

Leaving LO today all day was horrific, i cried so much because i couldn't get it out of my head that she would be starving & crying :cry: . I had to go upto the nursery at lunchtime to give her a feed because she just wouldn't take the bottle again.

I can't believe she has gone on hunger strike, i just don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am completely stressing about this, i can't bring myself to eat during the day because i feel so guilty that my daughter is starving herself because she wants boob not bottle.

Can anyone give me any advice PLEASE? Should i start her on solids? she is 5mnths old nxt Monday.

I wish I could help :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Weaning is an option yes, do what you feel will make things better for your LO and you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Try not to feel guilty though, you haven't done anything wrong, she will hopefully settle down soon enough at nursery, it may be her way of being upset with you for leaving her, but once she understands its going to keep happening, I'm sure she'll settle down :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've found this site to be very useful for advice in the past, as well as here at PF obviously, might be worth a look? http://www.babycentre.co.uk/ :hug:

Here i am again.....

After two weeks at nursery and lots of patience LO was taking formula milk from the bottle, she was a little inconsistant with how much she was taking sometimes 2oz sometimes 4oz but at least she was drinking.

Overnight we seem to have gone back to square one - she is refusing every bottle going. All she wants is boob. Its so upsetting when you know she is crying for boob but trying to hold out and give her formula which she won't drink. :cry: :cry:

I've started to wean her now, but this isnt easy either. She likes pureed fruit but not alot of anything else. I can't let my baby live on fruit alone and i can't continue to breastfeed cos of being back at work.

Next week i'm going to a 2 day conference, there is no way i will be able to leave her as she currently is. Its hard enough thinking about not being with her for 2 days without knowing she's going hungry!!!!!!!!

I don't know what to do. I really regret breastfeeding her now, i know its the best thing for them but i hate putting her thru this trauma.

Tried a cup too and altho she will hold it as soon as it is tipped up she cries. :(

I can't extend my maternity, i ended up going back early for financial reasons. Altho i only have 3 offices days, one day working from home and one day holiday for nxt 10 wks, so she's only away from me 3 days a week.

The nursery have been great, they have just been so patient and when she initially started taking a feed whilst she was there they were so pleased. They have just told me to be patient, inititally i had to go up each lunchtime to feed her but she seemed to settle down and i didnt have to do it for a few days and they managed to get some food down her - albeit under duress!!

It just breaks my heart knowing she's starving herself cos she wants me & boob and i'm depriving her. I hope & pray weaning will help!!!

Thanks for the hugs

I don't know what to say except I am glad the nursery is supportive and you're doing the very best you can so try not to be too hard on yourself, I really hope things change for the better real soon, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back