• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hello - im in here now!

lea554

Reaction score
Hello girlies - just wanted to say hi! :wave:

Hmm, bit bout me i suppose - only been ttc for 2 months, and after being on the pill for 10 yrs, was expecting a bit of a delay, so bit of a shock when I got a bfp on my 2nd cycle! Only got confirmation on a digital yesterday, so this is all so new!

It really hasnt sunk in yet? Is this normal - god, its just so life-changing, I dont think I can comphrend it all right now,lol!
The one thing I have had since thursday is constant nausea - i dont think this bodes well does it! Sometimes its bearable and other times its bad, but its always there! I also feel exhausted today, been running around all weekend, been to a wedding as well - where I had an uncontrollable urge to cry, when watching the bride and groom dance to the first dance!

Anyway, im going to book in to see my doctor tomorrow - however, it is always difficult to get an appt - is it crucial that I see him straight away, or can I just see a nurse? Problem is, that I will have to inform my work when I go back on thursday, so would like to have got confirmation from my doctor before then..what kind of stuff will they do at the first appt?

God,sorry, so many questions! One last one, I promise - as I am feeling ill, and not eating much, has anyone got any tips on what I should be doing? I am conscious of the fact that I need to now keep eating normally, but its blimmin hard - managing one meal a day at the mo! was thinking of maybe having slim fast milkshakes or something, just to keep my nutrion up?

Anyway, nice to be in here, and good luck to everyone else in here
:)

First of all welcome to Tri 1 :) Its normal for everything to feel completely surreal atm, it still does for me sometimes still. Ive had constant nausea since being 4 weeks pregnant but no actual sickness, so keep your fingers crossed its only nausea. Dont worry about the crying either, thats totally normal, you can just blame it on the hormones.
I cant really offer much advice with the Dr situation hun as i never actually had to make an appointment to see one. At our surgery we just have to make appointments with the midwife, who came out to my house at around 7 weeks. I think if you ring up and ask the receptionist who you should make the appointment with they should be able to give you the answers you need.
If you are feeling really poorly and not able to eat much, i actually wouldnt recommend the slim fast shakes as they dont contain that many calories and are designed to make you feel full and thats why you lose weight on them. I would recommend these.....

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/nestle-nutren-build-up-nutrition-shake-strawberry_1_27496.html

They are nutritionally balanced and are specifically designed for people who are ill or cant manage solid food. They use them in the hospitals ive worked in and i bought them for my hubby when he came home from hospital .They do a full range of shakes and soups now and you can buy them in morrisons or and pharmacy

Hope this helps hun, welcome again xxx

I never went to the doctors to confirm it, I went to a suresatrt centre and got the number to ring to book an appointment with the nearest centre to see midwife :). As for proof your employer shouldn't need it they should take your word till you see your midwife if that is a consern over doctor appointment.

I was like you when I was in early weeks of pregnancy I felt constantly sick, I found that I barely ate much but I tried biscuits ginger and just nibbled on snacks of fruit etc to keep me going also take folic acid for first 12 weeks x

Hope this helps and congrats x

Hi Lea!

Well I guess I should be in here too now!

Congrats by the way! x

I've just found out i'm pregnant 2nd cycle TTC after ten years on the pill too, and I feel really lucky!

You're right about it not sinking in it feels so surreal, I only found out properly yesterday so I feel better today.

I've just called the doctors who at first weren't going to give me an appointment as I had to wait until day 42 of my cycle, I explained that I was on day 40 and they said a nurse would call me, I asked if I could get a blood test as I go on holiday on Wednesday a they said they don't do them anymore anyway she called and I asked her so many different things she said to come for an appointment at 11am today, she did say that normally from now on its the Midwife I will see and not the doctors.

How many days past ovulation are you do you know, I'm 16 DPO now.

I'm feeling fine now so I was wondering whether you might be a little further along than me?

My friend at work was really struggling to eat and didn't eat that much with her first pregnancy and she had a M/C about 12wks I don't know the reason for the M/C but when she was pregnant again quite soon and she made a extra effort to eat properly even thought she didn't feel like it, and had a healthy boy last month.

Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months,

Maybe Bayby x ( I might need a new name now!)

Hey, ive just wirtten on your thread actually!
Wow, didnt realise that you were only ttc for 2 months as well - how strange!

Hope your appt went well? I didnt even bother telling mine what it was for, and the doctor was really nice when I did go in, gave me loads of advice (none of which I can remember!) about foods,etc, and what the scan dates will be, etc. Im seeing the midwife next week, where I do another pregnancy test - bit different, as it is one that will defo confim it all. I just wanted to get the ball rolling more than anything.
Am still feeling a bit sick, but managing to eat, thank god!!! My doctor has put me at 4 weeks gone, and I think I am only 15dpo, but I always guessed at my ovulation dates, never used opk's, so god knows! Just got a stomach ache at the mo, which I think is normal! Really strange sensation, but just feels like there is a lot going on in there,lol!

Hoping everything went well for you today, and really glad there is someone at the same stage as me!
fx for both of us xxxx
and yes, you defo need to change your name, lol!

Hey lea have just been reading this thread - as you know I got my bfp yesterday - and very strangely I had only been ttc for two months after being on the pill for about 11 years! Unlike you I don't feel at all nauseous at the moment. Just strange sounds in my tummy and feels like period pains pretty much all the time. Definitely feeling different and pregnant - just letting it all sink in!
Jodie x

Hey lea have just been reading this thread - as you know I got my bfp yesterday - and very strangely I had only been ttc for two months after being on the pill for about 11 years! Unlike you I don't feel at all nauseous at the moment. Just strange sounds in my tummy and feels like period pains pretty much all the time. Definitely feeling different and pregnant - just letting it all sink in!
Jodie x

Hey, we are obviously one of the few lucky ones who havent had any problems with comning off the pill - I was prepared for a long wait, so cant believe it happened on 2nd cycle!

My nausuea isnt too bad at the mo, get a wave of it around lunchtime,lol!

I have the same as you though - lots of grumbling and rumbling in my stomach, and a constant dull ache, which is slightly annoying! Then in the evening, this dull ache moves round to my hips for some bizarre reason!

It still really hasnt sunk in, and when I told work, it didnt feel real saying it - I think I just skirted round the issue before just blurting it out!

I just hope these first weeks go quickly :clock:
xxxxx

Congratulations! I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry too much if you can't manage much to eat. I had hyperemesis when I was pregnant with my daughter and barely ate a thing up to 14 weeks, and she weighed 8lb7 when she was born and was perfectly healthy! My doctor recommended ice chips and slices of apple when I just couldn't eat anything else.
Good luck with everything! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back