have i miscarried?

maximum

Reaction score
Hi. ive recently done 2 pregnancy tests both have come up positive and im due at the doctors wednesday to comfirm the pregnancy, ive had all the symtoms, tired, sore boobs, taste in mouth, needing to urinate often. only today ive had slight bleeding, about a tablespoon full during the day. but ive had no cramping at all and no period type pains that i usually get on the first day of my period. i always thought having a miscarriage would involve some pain. does this look like im miscarrying? my youngest is 6 months old and ive only had a couple of periods since he was born so could this have had anything to do with it. hope this makes sense im out my mind with worry at the moment and cant concetrate on anything :(

Hi
I had bleeding for 4 weeks between weeks 4 & 8 it was brownish in colour which means it as old blood i had 2 scans done 1 at 5 1/2 weeks and one at 7 weeks and both showed a heart beat then it stopped at around 8 weeks then at 11 1/2 weeks i had loads of bright red bleeding i sat on the toilet for 45 mins as i was bleeding too much to get off it was as if someone had turned a tap on i also lost some huge clots, i didn't have any pain or cramping at all, thinking the worst i went along to the hospital with the tissue i had passed in a tub, the midwife and dr thought i had miscarried but hadn't passed everything so the Dr scanned me and there was my baby jumping about everyone was gob smacked the Dr couldn't believe it, he then checked my cervix which was closed so i was sent home and told to avoid sex and take it easy, if i had any pain or passed more clots i had to go back, i bled for about 2 weeks after this happened but again it was brown blood.
I am now 18 weeks and i've been feeling the baby move :D so hopefully the pregnancy will go without any further problems but i won't rest until baby is born.
try not to stress yourself out too much (i did) when you go to your Dr ask him/her if they will send you for a early scan to check everything is ok.
Good luck, sending lots of baby dust your way

Hi again. Well there wasnt much bleeding over night but once i got up its become slightly heavier today. still not had any pain or cramps and no clots. Ive still got all the pregnancy symtoms, sore boobs etc but ive woken full of a cold today so maybe the bad taste in mouth and tiredness is down to that. could home pegnancy tests give out false positive pregnancy results? and if i was pregnant and go to the doctors tomorrow to comfirm it will it show up that theres no baby there now or will the pregnancy hormone still be there and give me more flase hope. i havnt even told anyone yet, not even babies dad, i dont want to say im not pregnany now and then find out i still am when i go to the doctors. thanks for the baby dust and im glad your pregnancy is going fine now. x

From what I recall a pregnancy test only comes up positive if you have the hormone present, so it can come up negative if your actually positive because there might not be enough of the hormone present but not the other way round. I think I read that some drugs can cause your body to produce the HGC hormone like a cancer drug of some sort. If you are worried in any way contact your midwife as they will be ale to advise you and reasure you.

well i went for my doctors appointment today to have the pregnancy comfirmed and it came up negative :( so dont know whats happening now. im not on any medication that could have caused a positive test and i still havnt had a proper period. just the spotting i had the other day and 1 small drop today. :?

Its possible that you were very briefly pregnant, apparently the number of pregnancies resulting in miscarrage could be as high as 80% cause so many happen so quickly that it just like a normal period so the woman may not even know she was.
Hope your feeling okay, and Im sure you can have fun trying again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back