harvest festival

I remember that! It's bought back memories! We had a big harvest loaf at school too and we each got a bit. One year it had nuts in and I'm allergic so I spent the entire afternoon puking up for harvest! xx

Oh yeah Emilys school still does this, I think last year it was like rice and lentils to send off somewhere

I used to go to the same school Emily goes to and i remember one year my Uncle Chris who was a baker made this huge and i mean huge like hay bale thingy, i'm sure you know what i mean LOL, out of bread and varnished it and it stood in church every year for years. I was so proud of that LOL

I wonder if it is still there or has fallen to crumbs :think:

We used to have an allotment and I was the only one to take in Fresh Vegetables as everyone else took in tins.

Is there an adults harvest festival? I'd donate some stuff...

Also, does anyone know of any shoebox collections for Christmas? I know it's off the subject and a bit early to be thinking of it, but I've always wanted to do one and never found a way to do it. I'd happily organise one but wouldn't know how.

leckershell said:
We used to have an allotment and I was the only one to take in Fresh Vegetables as everyone else took in tins.

Is there an adults harvest festival? I'd donate some stuff...

Also, does anyone know of any shoebox collections for Christmas? I know it's off the subject and a bit early to be thinking of it, but I've always wanted to do one and never found a way to do it. I'd happily organise one but wouldn't know how.
My daughters school are doing this, hope this link helps.

leckershell said:

The school I was in this week had a theme of water for their harvest festival so the children did pics/songs/poems based on water.
They also made up a shoe box of stuff to go with water like soap, toothbrush and toothpaste etc.
http://www.samaritanspurse.uk.com/occ/filling-a-box.asp

Kylie1007 said:
leckershell said:

The school I was in this week had a theme of water for their harvest festival so the children did pics/songs/poems based on water.
They also made up a shoe box of stuff to go with water like soap, toothbrush and toothpaste etc.
http://www.samaritanspurse.uk.com/occ/filling-a-box.asp
wow im so going to do 1 of them

that mwans i gotta buy a pair of shoes though :wink:
lol ill see if my sis got 1 1st
im gonna do mine for a little girl
shes gonna be well happy 2 get it :D

got a letter yesterday from school asking for parents to send their child in with an item of food, next thursday :)

im happy now. thought this festival had been forgotten at my schol this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back