Hair dye . . . true or false??

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey,
A quick silly question, are you allowed to have your hair dyed whilst pg? I heard a while ago that you couldnt. Is this an old wives tale or is it true?
:blush: x

I havnt dyed my hair since being pregnant but its because I dye my own at home. If I went to a salon then I would have carried on. I think its just getting it on your scalp. At salons they tend to use foils so it stays away from your skin. Ive quite enjoyed letting my hair go back to its natural colour though, its in much better condition now....so I didnt really look into it too much. Hope this helps a little bit tho! :)

Does it effect the baby if it does get on my scalp? I usually have foils so it would prob be ok. Im just such a worrier. Thanks hun x

i was told not to untill after wk 12 although im sure it fine and that dark dyes are worse than blonde ones more reactions to it i think but i have inch long roots that in the next wk or so i will be bleaching but not till wk 12

i've dyed my hair at home and it was fine :)
i did a strand and patch test 48 hours before just to make sure i wasn't allergic as your hormones change during pregnancy and this can affect the sensitivity of your skin
from what i remember it's the ammonia in dyes that can just make them turn a funny colour, it doesn't harm your baby :)
foils should be fine i've been told by a hairdresser friend who works in head masters
hope this helps xx

they say the colour dosn't take as well during pregnancy so you may not get the best results but as far as i know your fine to use colours just not bleach!

i continued dying my hair in 1st pregnancy but not as often, something to do with hormones changing ur scalp may take a different reaction to normal and dye might not take to ur hair as well, now in this prergnancy im waitin til after 12 weeks to dye mine again being paranoid although now ive got bad roots haha xxxx

I know, before I knew I was preg Ive gone from black to blonde in about 3 weeks! I wouldnt hasve done it if I would have known!!

well i dyed mine in the week and it went fine although it was totally a diff shade of blonde to what it usually goes it looks great

as far as im aware dying ur hair during pregnancy has no effect on the baby at all but it can prove difficult actually getting the dye to take as iv experianced! all to do with hormones x

I had mine done yeasterday. Just a few different shades of blonde foils. Feel much better for it and hairdresser said totally safe for babs, its just like you ladies said the colour might not take so well. But loving mine and feel so much better for it xx

I get part bleach put on my hair, and actually found my hair lifted a lot better while preg.. Think its safer to do the strand test even if you never do, like Rachel says because of the changes during pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back