Had my 28 week antenatal today...

Tatum29

Reaction score
Baby girl was happy and healthy, heartbeat was great and baby's growing normally, so all good there! My urine sample was normal again, no probs at all with the pregnancy! Yay!

I had blood taken again so they can re-check my iron levels (they do this routinely at 28 weeks). My last iron reading was really good (13.4), hopefully it hasn't gone down too much or anything...we shall see.

Had my BP checked and it was 160/100!!!! Far too high! They know about my whitecoat syndrome and I was re-tested and it came out at 130/90, which is what she wrote in my records. 90 is abit high, but it's still okay, although I hope it's alittle lower at my next appointment....sigh...I am my own worst enemy.

Next appintment is on the 22nd April - I will be 31 weeks preggo! Nearly there!

Sounds good.

Its good that your bp came down the second time though.

Great to hear that you haven't had any probs in your pregnancy :dance:

It's great to have check ups regularly, isn't it? Hope your 31 week appointment goes well too.

I haven't had any major issues either, but have found that minor things started happening around 34 weeks, such as slight swelling (no longer wearing my rings as one night I could hardly get them out) and difficulty in sleeping as feeling a bit too huge to be comfortable. That said, I don't want to moan as I can count myself lucky as been pretty lucky so far...

It came down in a matter of minutes, thank God - 90 for a bottom number is still higher than I'd like though, but sadly my anxiety always takes over and makes me stressed, which shows in the BP! They're not overly concerned about my BP because they know about my whitecoat syndrome, but if I continue to get higher readings I wouldn't be surprised if they make me start checking it at home. Wish I could just CHILL OUT! :lol:

Anyway, everything else is fine and baby is doing great! My son got to hear baby's HB today, which I think he found pretty fascinating! :D

Glad all is well and your appoinment was a good one :D
i love visiting the Mid wif so i can hear little ones heart beat it the highlight of my week.

sarah :wave: :wave:

i also had my 28 week appointment yesterday everything was well except blood pressure which was 158/89 :( i have to go back tommorow for another check and every week there after :(
think i have white coat syndrome just get so anxious waiting have a blood pressure monitor at home and its just about normal :?

warrior princess said:
i also had my 28 week appointment yesterday everything was well except blood pressure which was 158/89 :( i have to go back tommorow for another check and every week there after :(
think i have white coat syndrome just get so anxious waiting have a blood pressure monitor at home and its just about normal :?

It's annoying isn't it! My MW was happy to see me routinely at my 31 week appointment, but I think if I get a high reading at THAT appointment, they'll probably start making me check it at home or something - they may not be happy to take my word that it's whitecoat syndrome...sigh! Did they re-check you? Like I said, my first reading was 160/100, but when they checked again a few mins later, it was 130/90 - maybe yours would have gone down with a re-check. Let me know how you go :hug:

warrior princess said:
i didnt get rechecked just the one reading

Normally, if you think your high reading is due to anxiety, they'll usually offer to re-take it once you've had a chance to lay down for a couple of mins / relax...most often the reading will come down. If that happens to you again, I would ask them if they'll re-check it at the end of the appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back