had growth scan

helsekia

Reaction score
had my growth scan today.was hoping for sightings of his manly bits just too make sure he was a boy,but hehad his legs well and truly closed shut :wink:
o
all seems well apparently.they tested his blood flow through the chord,took lots of measurements and estimated his weight.They think he is about 2kg or 4lb4oz,this would hopefully estimate his birthweight at 40 weeks gestation at around 8lb apparently.My daughter was 8lb 1 so theyve decided not to worry but just monitor.i have to go to my midwife at 34 weeks,anaesthetist at 35 weeks and back to the consultant at 36 weeks,37weeks and so on until either i give birth or they decide hes to big and start me off.

all in all a good outcome I think.I coped ok with an 8lber first time round im sure ill do it this time and it was nice to see max again,his bones were very clearly visible and everythings looking good.

there reasoning for big fundal height measurements?im carrying all up front :rotfl: :wall: :rotfl:

thats good, it seems 99% of the time a growth scan shows that everything is fine after all....!!

hello
I'm about the same as you, have not had a growth scan but midwife had a good feel and ses baby seems about 41b, I'm quite small but my bump is all out to the front too.
glad it went ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back