Had a trace

Minime

Reaction score
Saw MW today and she said the sickness and everything is body clearing out preparing for LO. Also mentionned he'd been a bit quieter the past couple of days and the last big hoof I got was friday. Sent straight for a trace.

Got there and the MW scolded me for not coming in earlier. I said he's moving just not as much as he usually does, given that he's running out of space. Anyway I got hooked up and he decided to dance :lol:
He hates dopplers and things like that and always hoofs them off. I said I was seeing consultant on friday and same MW said oh you could have had the trace then :?
Errr hang on she just bollocked me for leaving it then said I could have waited till friday :? :? :?

I noticed on the readout it said "Contractions - 2" Eh?? I didnt feel nuffin except that pressure on the pubic bone which I get all the time when LO moves anyway. :think:

Im same as you hun, last 4-5 days movement has been less but I can still feel movement so all seems ok. I think its cause im working so long hours, when I work longer hours (s)he doesnt seem to move very much!

what's a trace? :oops:

Glad your little one decided to put your mind at rest by doing a little dance though :cheer:

well good thing trace went well....Hopefully LO will be here soon :cheer:

kirlykird said:
what's a trace? :oops:

Glad your little one decided to put your mind at rest by doing a little dance though :cheer:

I think its where they put a monitor thing on you to check the heartbeat or something to ''trace'' everything is ok

I had exactly the same thing happen to me yesterday.... went for my MW appopintment, happened to mention that I had felt slightly less movement over the last couple of days and she had me whisked straight to the hospital.......... (ended up in one of the delivery rooms as the other rooms were all full - ladi there quietly listening to some poor mother in labour and screaming the hospital down)

they monitored me firstly for 20 mins but said that baby must be asleep as no movement and heart rate wasn't changing, then monitiored me for another half an hour - thankfully baby woke up and did a wee gig for the next 20 mins........ :dance: :dance:

they then checked the print from the machine and said that they were perfectly happy with everything..... also that I was having mild contractions .......... of course I got very excited at this point and imagined myself having baby that night but MW said it could be anytime in the next few days but could still go on for a week or two :( :(

I want to hold my baby in my arms and I want it NOW !!! :x :x

Just been ANC and had a completely different consultant. She read my notes from wednesday and asked how LO was. I said he was fine, moving about but quieter than has been in recent weeks which at 39 weeks is to be expected afterall all the books say that.

Next thing I know she's saying she's giving me an internal, thats fine I expected that and then I get told she's just given me a sweep. I felt completely violated as that had not been explained to me. She said she can take me upstairs now and break my waters and I could have LO today, tomorrow or sunday :shock:

I'm 2cm dilated and cervix is in good condition. I refused point blank to be induced and burst into tears as I felt completely out of control. She said I'd have to go in for daily traces otherwise she can take me upstairs and induce me with that stuff they put on your cervix or break my waters. I felt I wasnt consulted and she was making these decisions. I felt put on the spot, OH is in work so I couldnt consult with him either and I felt pressured into making a decision there and then. Its LO's dads birthday tomorrow, I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE HIM TOMORROW. Had she of asked I would have told her that. If he comes naturally thats fine but to be induced for it no chance!!!

There is nothing wrong with LO from the trace, had another one today and that was fine too. Also they've recorded Ive got blood in my urine again. There's something wrong with the tests there as all my MW ones are clear as are the day unit one, its just the clinic that keep showing it.

I feel really pissed off with them. OH is fretting I'm taking a risk as I have declined other things previously. I decline anything invasive that I dont deem essential like the GTT (I had no sign of diabetes whatsoever, my mother is diabetic that doesnt make me diabetic), they asked me to go for daily traces and I've agreed, what I wont agree to is being pushed into an induction unless LO is at any risk. :shakehead:

I don't think I would like that without at least being consulted.

Good luck with whatever happens :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back