• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gutted.

BubbleOne

Reaction score
My rental agreement for my house is due for renewal.

Rang the letting company on Fri and the lad said he'd call me back. He didn't!!

So I rang again this morning only to be told that the company are selling our house and don't have anything else to offer us (because we have a dog). I just cried.

We are now on a 'rolling month by month' contract apparantly!! This means all they need to do is give us a months notice and we need to leave.

So now looking for somewhere else to live but don't have much savings so can't really afford the deposit for another rental until the present company release our deposit (which they won't do until we have left here).

I'm totally gutted and feel like I've let Phoebe down because I can't provide her with a safe and secure home. OH is also really upset because we can't get a mortgage because of his past. (repossession and debts etc). I don't blame him for that though. I knew all that before we got together.

Just started doing the garden up too. I'm digging up every plant, picking up every stone I've put down and even taking my fence!! After all we paid for it!! :wink:

Oh hun (((hugs))), I'm sure that you will get something sorted out soon.

You have not let Phoebe down at all!

hi mate i no how u feel, i hate private renting i was living in one house and had to leave when i was 12weeks preg due to landlord selling up then when i was 33 weeks preg the new landlord decided to sell up found a new place living there till my baby was 10months while i was 25weeks preg by then and the landlord decided they wanted to move back in...

its horrible private renting just aint secure u can never do your house up nice how u like to for the fear of being asked to leave any time...

i went straight to the council in december when i was given my 8week notice i was put on the homeless list and offered a house 3days later, the house was a total state in the roughest area of manchester, you only get one offfer :wall:

try your council hun

and u have not letyour lil girl down

(((((((hugs))))))))

let me no how u get on

Update...

Found out today that they have to give us 2mths notice (60days) so that gives us a bit of time.

Just want to get out of here now though. It no longer feels like home. :moon:

Looked at 2 houses today but 1 wasn't nice and the other one went while we were there!!

Can't believe how little you get for your money though. We had a good deal with our current house. Looks like we are going to have to pay about 100pound more per month for a smaller house :shock:

Pissed off!! And still gutted :doh:

(((BubbleOne))) what a crap situation. You haven't let your little girl down, this was not down to you. I hope you find something perfect soon xx

sending lots of hugs, hun!!

I was surprised when u sai 1 month notice, I thought legally it had to be 2! it gives u a little bit more time, but as you say, you probably wan t to get out of there asap!

Do you NEED to be in Milton Keynes? or any village around that? It could be cheaper?

I really hope you get something nicer, and yea, go on, take everything off your garden with you! and leave the holes! :) or leave the house in such a state that nobody will ever be interested in buying it :) :wink:

Let us know!
Mel xx

Another update.....

Moved into a new house with the same company on 10th June. They decided to rehouse us in the end!! How nice of them!!!

Had nothing but probs in the new house. Loads of unresolved maintainance issues. Me and OH have had enough now :x

Found a private ad in the paper and called them. They were happy to take the dog and the house is beautiful. Huge garden too :lol:

So we called a couple of letting agents to ask advice about what we should do regarding getting our deposit back. They said withhold our last months rent and apparantly there is nothing the letting company can do about it :rotfl:

We also have no gas certificate so I'm going to report them to Trading Standards before we leave. Apparantly it's an immediate £3000 fine and a court appearence with possible prison sentence :rotfl:

Can't wait to have the last laugh :rotfl:

Moving into my new palace on 11th Sept :cheer:

:cheer: well done, will serve them right for being arses to you :cheer:

Good on you! I hope that you'll be very happy in your new home!
:hug:
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back