GTT and growth scan

starstruck2011

Reaction score
Hi all

Had my GTT yesterday and in between I saw the midwife who said I needed a growth scan because I was measuring way too much over the rictor scale.

I was like 5 cm higher than the highest line apparently?!

I had the scan which was super quick and the nurse said I was absolutely in the normal and has no idea how the midwives measured so far out?

I have some flab so maybe thats the reason, I could have told em that!

ANyway I asked if she could deffo confirm its a girl and she said she couldn't quite see in between babies legs so great!! Now Ive got 75% of my stuff for a girl and it might not be...arrgghhh!!

my previous 2 scans confirmed it was a girl and the midwife said the heart was beating slightly faster than a boys and said this was normal for girls.
Any one else in this position?

x

ALso - not heard from hospital today so GTT must be clear :)

I've always measured 4 cm bigger, got send for all sorts of scans and gtt also. The 3 extra scans confirmed he was bang on the right size, but even consultant that did scan measured the bump bigger so all are stumped! I keep moaning its cos I'm fat, but even though I was never skinny , it is defo mostly bump! I rekon its just thick lining or whatever :-s
If they have confirmed sex a few times I'd try not to worry :)

I wouldnt worry too much if you been told girl twice its very very likely it is lol.
i was told at 20,28,33weeks scans im having a boy :D

At 32weeks app i was told im measuring 38weeks for bump and uterus :s had a growth scan and was told im just having a bigger baby :) at 28weeks he was 3lbs 4oz at 33weeks he was 5lbs 9oz then say baby gains about half a pound a week so he's prob about 6lbs now. did they tell you how much she weighs? x

No they didnt tell me? :(
I forgot to ask to be honest. Thers nothing in my notes.
Thanks for comments guys x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back