grunting baby??

don-don

Reaction score
Hey, just a quick question. Benjamin is not really a cry baby in fact he doesn't really cry at all...........but he grunts and groans most of the time, all night and during the day. When i get out of bed to check on him he seems fast asleep?? Is this a premmi baby thing or just benjamin??? xxxxx

Not too sure hun but Alana does this as well. She grunts, moans and makes a noise that sounds like a horse! She makes such a noise that I am sure she must be awake, but when I check she is fast asleep. When we left SCBU we got some information booklets from BLISS and I read in there that premature babies have much more 'active sleep' than term babies. I was thinking this is probably the cause of all the noises.

Tomos does this all time - that's the main reason I've had him sleeping in his own room for a while now! He is constantly making little noises when he sleeps - chuntering away. They told us in SCBU that premmies tend to me more noisy like this, so shouldn't worry to much about it. xxxx

Yea Matthew also does this! And now he has a dummy, as is the only way he settles, he sucks that constantly whether he is awake or asleep, so I would definitely say it's all normal for a premmie
XxX

Thanks ladies, i think Benjamin will be in his own room sooner rather then later then!! Gosh he is sooo noisy!! But im glad its normal with our little premmies, thankyou chicksxxx

Alex was definatley a grunter, my friend said her preemie sounded like a goat :rofl:

ha ha ha thats funny, arent they soooo loud lol xxx

my son was born 20-05-2011 hes 6 weeks old born at 32+1 weeks, he was in scbu for 2 weeks hes home and omg he makes them grunting noises all the time , scbu said this was perfectly normal , funny noises though lol :)

lol...you will be glad to know, that the grunting does stop. LO is almost 17 weeks now and .... no more grunting ha ha ha xxxxxxxxxx

Ella makes a few funny noises too!! xx

Edie constantly does this! she stretches and scrunches into a ball, goes bright red and grunts all day and night long! until you cuddle her or give her a dummy.

my health visitor suggested infacol, as it joins all the tiny gas bubbles in her tummy together and should produce one big burp. she isnt much of a burper bless her which sometimes leads her to sick up her milk.

so i think ill try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back