Growing out of sling already - don't know what to buy next!

CorrieFan

Reaction score
The baby bjorn was one of our best purchases for Lily as we live in the country and it is so much easier to have the baby in a sling while we go for walks rather than push the pram down hazardous country lanes. Buuuut she is five months now and pretty much as grown out of it. I'm still squashing her in there out of desperation (and she now faces forwards like a big girl) when I walk the dog but I really do need to buy something else.

Can anyone please recommend a baby bjorn type sling but one which is for bigger babies? Or do I now have to move on to a metal back pack thingy? I haven't a clue so would appreciate any help! thanks! :)

Karen x

definitely a Mei Tai!
I would say more but more experts will be along soon I talk about them I bet LOL

Maria1976 sells them :)

Mei tai all the way! They are easy to tie and you can use them front or back. Honestly - you'll realise just how much the Baby Bjorn does your shoulders in when you give a mei tai a go. We went from Baby Bjorn to Mei tai and never looked back!

I'd also recommend a mei tai, or if you prefer you can get soft structured carriers like the connecta/ergo etc that are slightly more similar to what you have now in that they have buckles rather than being completely tied on.

oooh thanks girls! i'm intrigued - going off to do some internet research on maitai slings! would they work out in the woods? i mean, they aren't just for around the home are they? And what age are babies in them until? I'll also check out connecta and ergo. I'm not completely sure that I can rely on my knot-tying abilities to carry Lily.

I have just ordered a beautiful connecta sling - it is blue with butterfiles! And apparently it will fit Lily until she is about two - amazing! Thanks so much for suggesting them Kelly. I like the look of the mai tai but am just more of a buckle than a knot girl. I was a sixer in brownies but am really not all that practical. :rotfl:

Ooh Connectas are fab!! full report required when you get it please! I salute you carrying LO in a bjorn for so long!

ha ha thanks araminta! i've picked a connecta fabric which isn't in stock so aparently it will take around a fortnight for it to get here. Just told DH i've gone for one wiht butterflies and he just sighed. I said "but it's blue and no-one will see the butterflies until they get close!". he sighed again. don't think he's terribly impressed!

CorrieFan said:
ha ha thanks araminta! i've picked a connecta fabric which isn't in stock so aparently it will take around a fortnight for it to get here. Just told DH i've gone for one wiht butterflies and he just sighed. I said "but it's blue and no-one will see the butterflies until they get close!". he sighed again. don't think he's terribly impressed!

:roll: My hubby refused a damask print fabric for my custom MT Maria is making, but agreed to this

ZK5H4cnF1j8n5ETs6YFSlUbu3nQ6oeK1

which I think is much more girly :lol: Ooh just realised that is a connecta the fabric is on too, have you seen that spider fabric they have on one of their customs in the gallery? to die for!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back