Grandparents on Fathers Day?

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hey All,

What is the correct thing to do/What do you do?

My grandad died when I was very young, and my other one I didn't see, both sets of my DHs grandads died when he was tiny too....I make a card for my nana on mothers day but mainly cos I dote her she's wonderful.

Just don't know what to do for our dads & my stepdad from Libby?

:D

I l always got my grandad a card and pressie but thats coz he brought me up so that's why I voted both :D

He passed away 6 years ago but he still gets card and galaxy chocolate (his all time fave), my nan likes to visit his grave so the card goes there and I am sure she scoffs the chocolate! She never admits it though, maybe she just leaves it there?

i have never given my granddad anything on fathers day
i was in clintons buying my dad a card yesterday and omg the range of cards they have:

uncle
granddad
step dad
from the cat :?
brother in law
father in law

when does it stop lol... to my neighbour on fathers day??

evemarie8 said:
He passed away 6 years ago but he still gets card and galaxy chocolate (his all time fave), my nan likes to visit his grave so the card goes there and I am sure she scoffs the chocolate! She never admits it though, maybe she just leaves it there?

Thats sooo sweet.....made me tingle all over.... :hug:

Charlotte & Emily said:
i was in clintons buying my dad a card yesterday and omg the range of cards they have:

uncle
granddad
step dad
brother in law
father in law

They don't do a father to be one though :shakehead: I asked!!!!!

DF and i Get A Card And A Presant For Our Dads And We Get them A Card Off The Girls, Unless We See Something Nice With Grandad On Then We will Get It!

E.G
On Sunday We Went To The Garden Center And Saw A Nice Stone Saying "Grandads Garden" (DF's Dad Loves His Garden) So We Bought It.

We Ended Up Taking It Back Tho Because When We Got Home We Realised It Actually said "Grandma's Garden" On It, We Had Read It Wrong :rotfl:

In years past it's just been a "Dad" card from the both of us and a lunch or dinner out somewhere, now were expecting it's a little something, a card and were going to lunch on Sunday (too tired right now to do evening dinners). Next year we'll get him something proper from the LO.

evemarie8 said:
Charlotte & Emily said:

uncle
granddad
step dad
brother in law
father in law

They do!!! My sister got one for her husband, you go back and complain she gave you duff information!!!

I bought a grandfather card from teej but no present!!

Me and the OH normally get our dads a card from James. I'm not really sure why to be honest!

I have brought a card from keeley to my dad i did the same for mothers day too for my mum :D

I dont cos its fathers day my grandads arnt my fathers LOL

but apparently there is a granparents day

Nope, he'll get a card & pressie from me but not from Austin. The only person Austin's got a present for is his own daddy.

i have never got any of my nan and grandads presants

but i get my mum and dad presants from Braydon as they do so much for him

evemarie8 said:
Charlotte & Emily said:

uncle
granddad
step dad
brother in law
father in law

Clintons do... i got one last year fror my ex and i also got him one from the dogs :lol:

i am terrible i get rob a presant and a card my dad the same and his dad, then a card and presnt for emmas two grandads off her and still get one for my grandad i think im addicted its the same for mothers day ive got my mum robs mum and my 2 grandmothers. i just love to see them smile when they get a card and a presant especially if its something personal. this year for my dad ive got him a snow globe with a pix of him emma and me in it at emmas christening

Thanks for the replies everyone, think I'll just do them cards....can't be doing with looking for 2 lots of pressies each,...especially when buying one pressie is hard enough (especially for men).

:hug:

I send my Grandad a card and this year I sent my dad a card from Thea. I just remembered I forgot to send a card to her other grandad though!

i dont have a granddad but alfie has got my dad a card and pressie. he hasnt got ians dad anything as i believe its ians responsibility to get them for his dad from Alfie and he hasnt so i feel bad. i think ill have to go out today and get him at least a card

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back