Grandparents names

tots hope

Reaction score
My mum isn't keen on being called Granny, Grandma, Nanna, nanny :shakehead: etc... but she is stuck on what to be called. My sister-in-law is pregnant at the moment but mum isn't sure what she wasnts to be called. They have a step grandson at the moment and he came up with my dads name (Papa Ray) but he just calls my mum nanna!

Any suggestions? :think:

keeley's gonna call my mum-nannie, my dad-grandpa
my ex's mum is nana and he' stepdad is noo noo ( :lol: )

Nic....thats really funny......my mom wants to be called noo-noo (we refer to lady bits as noo-noo so I told my mom as much :rotfl: )

our moms & step moms will be called Nanna or Nanny with my mom as Nanny Noo-Noo ( :rotfl: )

my ex's step dad thinks he's ther hoover out of the tellitubbies :oops: :lol:

That's what my mom keeps saying to me..........I did tell her but she's insistent :roll:

My mum insisted she wasnt going to be a "nanna" or "grandma" she said they sound too old, so we have stuck with " nannie"

And grandad is just old grandad lol..

we just plain old nanny and grandad but i like nanny noo-noo lol
x sophie x

whats your mums name hun? my mum didnt wanna b called nan/grandma so we came up with Jenjen as her name is jenny although now she loves being called grandma now hes here :hug:

my mum doesnt want to be called "grandma", "granny", "nanna", "nan" or "gran" she thinks it sounds old and doesnt wanna feel old! she wants to be called "mums-mum" or "granjack" (her name is jackie)- but my boyf and i thought it would be funny to tell our child to call her "old granny pensioner" just to tease her! (lol- not really were not that mean!)

my mum said she want to be caleed granmeroo lol, and my stap dad is just grandad!

but what do u all think...its my mums wishes! she keeps sayin she too yound to be a grandma allready lol!

Mums name is Hannah so at the moment she is called nanna (by my SIL son) but she hates it! Will look on that website little*red suggested in the hope that this helps her out!

my mum and dad r mammar and grandad and oh's mum and dad r nan and grandad

My mum and OH mum are both Grandma (they already had grandchildren before Austin was born) so we're trying to think of nicknames for them.

My dad is Papa and OH dad is Grandad.

we use the word "nanny" and "grandad"

my OH mum does my head in we dont get on. she insits that Dior calls her "nana" so like a bitch that i am i fill out all her birthday cards christams cards "toi nanny" just to anoy her :rotfl:

Hi Girls,

Read this thread and thought it was funny, because no matter what you want your kids to call their granparents, they come up with their own versions as soon as they can talk. When we were little, we were supposed to call my dad's mum "nana", but we ended up calling her our "banana".

My poor M-I-L kept a ride-on tractor at her house for my little boy and has been known ever since to my two kids as "Granny Tractor" :D

When my kids were very young, we visited my own gran when my grandad died. It was just before the funeral and there must have been a lot of talk about 'rosaries' (rosary), which confused my two who have called her "Granny Rosen" ever since!

My cousin's little girl refers to her gran by the name of her then little Yorkshire Terrier dog (who's since died)

My nephew calls one of his grandmothers "granny sticks" (because she has walking sticks).

I had gone to the trouble of asking our mums what they wanted to be called when I was pregnant with my first, but kids just come up with their own nicknames and they stick for years! :D My little boy is now 10 and still calls her his "granny tractor" (she preferred plain old 'gran', but loves the children's version, even signing cards with the name they use for her).

Most mum's worry they're getting old at the thought of being a grandmother for the first time, that's why they don't like 'grandma', 'nana' etc. but they soon get used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back