Got in from work last night and found . . .

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
. . the date for my 12 week scan! :dance: :dance:

Its 12th Dec which I will be actually 12+6 at the time but how exciting! :clap:

Still no word from the midwife - pah! who needs a midwife anyway! :rotfl:

Also told my Mum and Dad last night- who cried - they are over the moon but we have sworn them to secrecy. Feels a whole lot more real when you actually have to say it out loud to someone.

Told Mum my concerns about 'the sensitive subject' and she said: "Yeah, there is a risk but you'b be silly not to enjoy these three months along with the other 6, you'll never get them back." Aren't Mum's just the best :D - can't believe I didn't tell her two weeks ago when we found out!

Anyway just wanted to share. Thanks for listening! :cheer:

:dance:
Wot a sweet reaction from your parents :angel:
You should hear from midwife soon as they will normally see you at 8 weeks.

Oooh! I'm jealous! I want my date too!

And that's a really nice thing your mum said too, I'm going to try and bear that in mind during my many paranoid moments!

wow dont know how you contained yourself not telling your mum, bet it feels like a sort of relief to tell someone now though :cheer: :hug:

when i told my mum last time i said 'whats the worst thing i could you?' and she said ' you're pregnant?' - mad aint it lol, an incurable deadly disease would be the worst i could think of :eek: and being 37 and married still doesnt stop you being scared to tell your mum :lol:

Glad youve got your scan date anyway, gives you something to aim towards :hug:

HollyHobby said:
wow dont know how you contained yourself not telling your mum, bet it feels like a sort of relief to tell someone now though :cheer: :hug:

when i told my mum last time i said 'whats the worst thing i could you?' and she said ' you're pregnant?' - mad aint it lol, an incurable deadly disease would be the worst i could think of :eek: and being 37 and married still doesnt stop you being scared to tell your mum :lol:

Glad youve got your scan date anyway, gives you something to aim towards :hug:

Ha Ha that's soo true! It took me about 2hours to pluck up the courage to tell them and in the end I just blurted it out like some kind of weirdo! I was shaking and everything! I just said "we're expecting!" Mum and Dad both said What? and Hubby had to say: "She's pregnant so we're having a baby!"

Like you say Married and over the age of thirty (no need to mention actual figures here ahem) and still worried about telling them?!?! How mental are we! :rotfl:

I have to agree, i'm not looking 4ward to telling my mum either, even though she has like 13 neices and nephews already - i'm from a family of 9 so she'l probably just think there's more presents to buy :lol: .....only joking, :lol: , but yeah still will be nervous to tell her....i think she still thinks im still a baby and at 30 too. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back