• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

God parents??

Laur_250

Reaction score
Booked our christening :cheer:

But confused, how many godparents did you all choose??

We always said we'd have one of each, I choose godmother and OH chooses godfather, but now I'm thinking I cant decide whether I want 2 people as godmothers!!

Your opinions??xx

I always thought tradtion was a boy had 2 god daddys and 1 god mummy and a girl had 2 god mummys and a god daddy??

Oooh never heard that, be interesting to see what everyone else did??xx

We are having 3 godmothers and 2 godfathers for George.

We wanted George to have the same Godparents as Heidi because although they are her god parents they never saw her because we had her baptised in hospital after she had been born asleep. And we have asked 2 of our close friends and my OH sister to be the other Godparents.

We asked our Vicar and he said that we could have who we wanted and he didnt have a problem with us having more than one of each!

Tracey xx

Tracey S said:
We are having 3 godmothers and 2 godfathers for George.

We wanted George to have the same Godparents as Heidi because although they are her god parents they never saw her because we had her baptised in hospital after she had been born asleep. And we have asked 2 of our close friends and my OH sister to be the other Godparents.

We asked our Vicar and he said that we could have who we wanted and he didnt have a problem with us having more than one of each!

Tracey xx

Thanks Tracey, that sounds like a really lovely idea and it's really nice that you had Heidi baptised and that she will share her brothers godparents. :hug: xx

When I was a godparent last year they followed the tradition of having two females and one male as the baby was a little girl, thinking back there were quite a few christenings that day and they all followed the same set up. But if you want more then just ask I am sure you would be allowed.

Thanks kelly. I cant decide now, we already have one of each and I really wanted it to be like that and so cant decide whether to stick with that or add the other friend. Decisions!xx

I think you can have as many as you want tbh... I've known babies to have a whole crowd of godparents gathering on the altar. It can be a difficult decision as you probably don't want to sideline anyone.

I'm lucky because OH has 1 sister and I have 1 brother... sorted! :cheer:

my eldest has 2 of each :lol:
the youngest has 2 godmothers and a god father.... oops
i think this one will have at least one of each

caden has 3 godmothers and 1 godfather.kiara has 2 godmothers and 1 godfather.I think most churches are flexible nowadays. :hug:

Me and my sisters all have 2 of each.

I'm not allowed to get Angel christened but i am godmother to 2 of my nephews. My older sister has 2 of each for her kids. My younger sister has no male friends so her little boy just had 3 godmothers.

You do it as you wish really. There isn't really a set tradition anymore.

I thin it is traditional to have 2 (of the sex of your LO) and one of the opposite sex but these days i think it just depends on your priest. Our priest is quite a modern, young one and had no probs at all with us having 4. We were only going to have 3 but we couldn't 'not' have the people we've got.

Tradition from the part of Ireland I hail from- 2 sets of godparents, one chosen by the mother, the other by the father.
Though back then it was to make sure there were more options for fostering your children if anything happened...

Cool, thanks everyone- it sounds like its pretty normal these days to have who you want however many that is, so think I will ask her too. :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back