god damn ebay again!!

lisa&alex

Reaction score
grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! i bought these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... AQ:GB:1123

had email off the seller saying
Hi, sorry but i dont take e cheques as they take to long to clear and cost to me to receive the money, so plese can yo issue me with a personal cheque, thanks

i replied saying ive payed you by paypal already.

she replied
Sorry, but i cancelled the payment this orning, can you re submit but not an e cheque due to clearance times. thanks

but it clearly says on the selling page she acceptspaypal.. im not sending her a personal cheque that takes up to 56 days to clear for an item that cost 50p..

u think shes trying to pull 1 over on me?

e-checks are a real pain - they take up to 10days to clear and the seller gets charged for them - so if the item is really low value she may end up actually losing money on the sale if you see what I mean.

If you pay with echecks or directly with debit/cerdit card via the paypal website rather than from cleared funds in your paypal account the seller gets a ,essage asking if they want to accept or decline the payment method - I always accept because I'm a softie and can't be bothered with the hassle but it does cost me as paypal then charges a fee......

what is an e cheque? ive never had any problems with my paypal before?

echeques are paypal virtual cheques if you don't have your account verified and a back up credit card entered for funding - so rather than the money going straight to the seller so they can ship your item - paypal requests the money from your account - the bank then has to verify it like a cheque and say that you have money in your account and then paypal will pay the seller - it can take ages!

Have you changed your bank details, address or had a new card because one has expired? this happened to me once as I forgot to update with my new card details and it started issuing e-cheques for me rather than my usual instant transfer.....

Q What is an eCheque?

Question :
Answer :
A An eCheque is an electronic funds transfer that withdraws money directly from your bank account. It's just like writing a cheque, only it is done electronically. When you send money with an eCheque, the transaction will be held as pending for seven to nine working days, until the electronic funds transfer has cleared your bank.

no nothings changed and my account is verified.. very bloody iodd.. dunnow hats going on.. anyways i messaged ehr and offered to compensate her shortfall by 30p.. but i cant do personal cheque coz we dont have any.. plus that will take ages if we did have one post it.. monday wont clear till next monday at the earliest..

send her the 50p in an envelope, even with postage cant imagine itd be enough to weight it down tooo much, just comoflage it a bit so it doesnt feel obviously like money ??

This happened to me once...I had been using paypal like normal for ages then suddenly they started trying to make me pay by e-cheque. After looking why they had done this it was because they wanted to verify my phone number and after they had done that my account went back to normal so it might be worth checking they don't want you to do anything like that.

E-cheques are a right pain though and they take ages to clear :shock:

do you know how expensive a postal order costs? i may aswell go out and buy charlotte the shoes new lol.. they are only 15 quid in the sale in clarks lol..

she has accepted my offer of 30p.. but im just thinking she has said it will take 14 days.. i might just ask her if i can cellotape £3 to a card and post it lol..such a pain ive send paypal an email saying how unhappy i am lol

Postal orders expensive? Not sure we are thinking of the same thing then........

Postal orders - Prices from 4th February 2008
Purchase Value
£0 - £4.99 - fee 47p

£5 - £9.99 - fee 87p

£10 - £100 - fee 8.75% of the face value

Hope you get a satisfactory reply from ebay
:hug:

a lady paid for something through echeque last week that i was selling on ebay and i've had it a couple of times before. i sent her her stuff before it cleared anyway as she was so apologetic to me and it was low value, and if she had cancelled it i'd just leave her negative, but then i'm just kind. they are annoying though but can't see why she would prefer a hand written cheque as it would take the same amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back