Girls i need your help on something !!

mary70

Reaction score
tell me if i am over reacting or what u would do, i took Hannah and a friend and her son to a soft play area today, on the way out we were signing the out book and sam and hannah were stood by the door, Hannah started playing with a chain that was hanging down, swinging it too and throw and i though nothing of it, next thing the chain moved and the MASSIVE shutter started to fall obove their heads, i had to shove both kids out of the way and put both my hands under the shutter, 2 members of staff ran and got hold of the chain but never said anything to us as we left with 2 shaken mothers and kids, it has been annoying me all day, i know Hannah shouldnt have thouched but surely she shouldnt have been able to reach it, sorry for the essay just wondered what you thought

I would write to the management if I were you, I doubt they will do anything for you but they might prevent it happening again and actually landing on somebody elses child!

:shock: thats bloody awful! i would make a complaint that is so dangerous regardless of wether she should have been palying with it its obvious young inquiring minds will paly with a dangling chain. hope you feel a bit better now :hug: :hug:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thats scary, i don't think any chain that supports a metal shutter should be in any reach of kiddies hands. Surely thats a health & safety concern. Places like nursery's, soft play etc must have to be on their toes with stuff like that...!

I'd def have a word with a manager or someone as it could really hurt someone if its left to happen again.

Thank god you noticed what was happening and caught the shutter in time. Bet you got a real fright. Hope your ok now :hug:

OMG that is awful hun are u n hannah ok ?? i would deffo make a complain hun

we are both fine ty just angry now, i have just sent a complaint letter so we will see, they have only been open 2 months

thats shocking. wehter your daughter should have been touching is regardless. they have a duty to enforce health and safety.

i hope your letter is taken seriously.

so glad your all ok :hug:

def get it reported hun, all childcare premises have a legal requirement to check on a daily basis any equipment or hazards, hope they get it sorted hun and let us know how it goes

(sorry im bit big on health and safety my job as a rep for nursery) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back